Sunderland

Nobody

As there was no toon game yesterday i got the train up and watched St Mirren (been my favourite Scottish side for years). Shared a carriage with 'Macca'. Anyone remember him? He's a blind lad who used to ring the local phone ins regularly and talk about his teams, Sunderland and Hibs. Hibs were playing a league cup semi in Edinburgh yesterday. I had to endure a lot of SAFC related talk between him and his mate but i admire his love of the game. I can see what's going on at Newcastle games and i sometimes find it hard to get interested. He was talking about listening to games etc.

about to sign N'Zogbia, years after their cringeworthy applause

Not as daft as it sounds. They are only interested in a few good performances and they are signing high impact players with no commitment. It might keep them up then they can worry about the long term implications next season.

This thread :lol:

'You seem to have a choice of living in an area where the house prices exclude all but millionaires or living in an area where you are going to be the only person with a legit job on your street. There is nothing in between pretty much.'

There will be tens of thousands of working people in the area who can afford a house. :lol:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/rivalry-with-the-mags.1194224/page-9

Interesting way to announce the Fletcher signing on the Marseille website:

"He will not leave you unmoved," it began. "He will not go unnoticed. Marseille has added a Scotsman to the mix. And if you know anything about the mentality of that people, you'll know that's good news."

I think they may end up being disappointed.

from nufc.com

Planning for England's Euro 2016 campaign continues and there are further indications that Roy Hodgson's team will play a warm-up game in the North East.

Seeking to emulate the tournament conditions they'll experience in France, England are looking at a trio of home friendlies: one game in the North East, one in the North West and then one at Wembley.

It's now claimed that either Newcastle or the mackems will host Australia on or around May 27th, with the Telegraph tipping wearside as the more likely venue.

England's most recent visits to Gallowgate came in the 2004/05 season, when they defeated Ukraine 3-0 in a friendly and Azerbaijan 2-0 in a World Cup Qualifier.

eh? Why would England choose the stadium of light over SJP?  Seriously cant think of one reason unless it's that Newcastle literally don't want it for some reason