Sunderland

Nobody

How can the jury be sure "beyond all doubt" (or whatever the quote is) to give a guilty verdict?  I mean, I'm not and I dont see how I would be even if I was in the courtroom throughout the trial. There's literally no evidence.  Surely he'll be found not guilty?

This is what I've been asking for days. Suppose the jury must just decide who to side with in all these paedophile cases where the only witness is the victim... I honestly don't know.

Yeah, while I reckon he probably did have a feel, even with that I wouldnt be sure 100% :lol:

Can he get time for the other two things he pleaded guilty for?  Reckon after all this we might see him with community service and a fine(?)

Guest firetotheworks

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/en.futurama/images/c/cf/Hyper-Chicken.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090822141314

"Son, as your lawyer, I declare y'all are in a 12-piece bucket o' trouble."

Perfect chance for me to say one of my favourites, 'I'm going to allow this'

How can the jury be sure "beyond all doubt" (or whatever the quote is) to give a guilty verdict?  I mean, I'm not and I dont see how I would be even if I was in the courtroom throughout the trial. There's literally no evidence.  Surely he'll be found not guilty?

This is what I've been asking for days. Suppose the jury must just decide who to side with in all these paedophile cases where the only witness is the victim... I honestly don't know.

The jury, as finder of fact, is tasked with the role of determining the credibility of testimony and what weight to give it and all of the other evidence presented.

The jury, as finder of fact, is tasked with the role of determining the credibility of testimony and what weight to give it and all of the other evidence presented.

:thup:

Is it possible he might join the list of players to move to china when all this is finished?  The age of consent there is 14 according to google so his antics may be viewed as more acceptable there.

Is it possible he might join the list of players to move to china when all this is finished?  The age of consent there is 14 according to google so his antics may be viewed as more acceptable there.

Imagine that man. A few years time he goes there, massive contract...he'd be in his element.

You got access to Johnson's search history?

Imagine that man. A few years time he goes there, massive contract...he'd be in his element.

Wouldn't have thought he would need to wait a few years, would offer him a way out form the dogs abuse he will almost certainly get everywhere he goes after this case his finished. 

Unless china has very strict visa requirements i don't think there would be anything to stop him. Oh unless he is residing at her majesty's pleasure of course.

If Sunderland had sacked him before the trial started, they would have prejudiced his case.

i.e., ''his club sacked him therefore he is guilty''. He would then have been in a position to claim that he could not get an unbiased jury. As the case would have been seen to have been pre-judged, and MAY have been able to walk away from it all

Everyone is entitled to a fair trial, and you are supposed to be innocent until proved otherwise. That applies to everyone, even if you are scum and lower than a snakes belly.

Sunderland would have had legal advice on how to conduct themselves. As soon as he pleaded guilty to two counts, Sunderland could then sack him.

Guest Phillipealbert

He's admitted to lots of illegal stuff. And witness testimony counts as evidence. There will also be statements, phone records etc.

By the sound of it, he will definitely go down on some counts, and have a good chance of going down on other,  more serious counts

Guest Phillipealbert

If Sunderland had sacked him before the trial started, they would have prejudiced his case.

i.e., ''his club sacked him therefore he is guilty''. He would then have been in a position to claim that he could not get an unbiased jury. As the case would have been seen to have been pre-judged, and MAY have been able to walk away from it all

Everyone is entitled to a fair trial, and you are supposed to be innocent until proved otherwise. That applies to everyone, even if you are scum and lower than a snakes belly.

Sunderland would have had legal advice on how to conduct themselves. As soon as he pleaded guilty to two counts, Sunderland could then sack him.

You can rightly sack someone, provided you have genuine belief (in this case, an admission) that they have committed a serious offence and it impacts the company (serious damage to reputation).

Any two-bit lawyer knows this, and the club would have been informed of this fact.

The fact that the let him play, let alone sack him, shows that they would rather play a known child sex offender than risk relegation.

This is absolutely wrong, and the club should be heavily fined.

When other fans (rightly) lay into the mackems with paedo chants, they will not have a leg to stand on. By continuing to support the club, the are supporting an organisation that has knowingly harboured a paedophile.

They really are a disgusting club.