Sunderland

Nobody

Thought Fletcher was out injured for ages?

Back in contention for their next game v Swansea apparently. Been a huge miss for them; the new manager bounce and getting him back should get them back in the mix sharpish, because if it doesn't they're down before Christmas.

Thought Fletcher was out injured for ages?

Back in contention for their next game v Swansea apparently. Been a huge miss for them; the new manager bounce and getting him back should get them back in the mix sharpish, because if it doesn't they're down before Christmas.

Can see that shoulder popping sooner rather than later if they obviously wont have had it pinned. S Taylor under Souness for example.

Guest diddimz

I'm fairly certain they'll go down - although I think Poyet will bring them back up.

I think if they go down though, they will get rid of him, and the fans will turn around and say they should've kept Di Canio because he beat us once.

They have no goal threat and that is what could seriously harm them. I can see lots of draws but few wins.

They have Fletcher, who I'd sooner call a goal threat than our very own number nine.

Cabaye is a bigger goal threat than Cisse at the moment tbf.

They have no goal threat and that is what could seriously harm them. I can see lots of draws but few wins.

They have Fletcher, who I'd sooner call a goal threat than our very own number nine.

Cabaye is a bigger goal threat than Cisse at the moment tbf.

As are the other 8 outfield players on the pitch.

There seems to be a theme for the questions being asked of opta on twitter today

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 53m 1973 - Sunderland last played in European competition in the 1973-74 Cup Winners' Cup. Memories. @Josh_AskingA #AskOpta

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 2h 20 - Sunderland have the record for consecutive PL defeats, no other team has recorded more than 8 in a row. Woe. #AskOpta @YourboyAhmed95

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 1h 7 - Shola Ameobi has scored seven PL goals against Sunderland, four more than against any other team. Nemesis. @Josh_AskingA

Get the impression those asking already know the answers like :lol:

There seems to be a theme for the questions being asked of opta on twitter today

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 53m 1973 - Sunderland last played in European competition in the 1973-74 Cup Winners' Cup. Memories. @Josh_AskingA #AskOpta

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 2h 20 - Sunderland have the record for consecutive PL defeats, no other team has recorded more than 8 in a row. Woe. #AskOpta @YourboyAhmed95

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 1h 7 - Shola Ameobi has scored seven PL goals against Sunderland, four more than against any other team. Nemesis. @Josh_AskingA

Get the impression those asking already know the answers like :lol:

Forza Sunderland ‏@ForzaSunderland 1h

@OptaJoe why is @Josh_AskingA  so obsessed with Sunderland?

Bri Aslett ‏@bri_aslett 1h

@ForzaSunderland @OptaJoe @Josh_AskingA cos hes a Sunderland obsessed mag like most of them are, look for our result before theirs probably

Forza Sunderland ‏@ForzaSunderland 1h

@bri_aslett thought as much. Suspicious that @optajoe is a Mag too mind

:lol:

I think it all depends on Fletcher's injuries. He is class to be fair.

If he was class he'd have bigger clubs sniffing around for him. Somehow I can't see it though, he strikes me as a decent goal scorer for a middle to lower premier club, so that's where he'll probably stay.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8972345/

New Sunderland boss Gus Poyet has admitted that he has not yet broached the subject of money to spend in the transfer market with the club's owner Ellis Short.

Poyet recently replaced Paulo di Canio, who was sacked as boss of the Black Cats following their dismal start to the season. They have taken just a single point from seven Premier League games.

Sunderland are currently propping up the rest of the table which suggests that the squad is in desperate need of new players.

But speaking to the Hartlepool Mail, Poyet said: "To be honest, we didn't talk about funds for team strengthening before I came here.

"My idea is to assess the players that are here and make sure I check them properly - which ones are down, which ones want to be here and which ones can help me.

"I will learn things this way. And then, depending on what I see in the next month or two, I will talk to the owner.

"But I don't think we can start talking too much before then.

"At the moment, it's not something I'm even thinking about."

I think it all depends on Fletcher's injuries. He is class to be fair.

If he was class he'd have bigger clubs sniffing around for him. Somehow I can't see it though, he strikes me as a decent goal scorer for a middle to lower premier club, so that's where he'll probably stay.

Although I don't agree that Fletcher is 'class' .... I fucking hate this line :lol: