Sunderland

Nobody

Poyet is likely an improvement over Di Canio in all facets. Is he good enough to save a very poor team from relegation? I'm skeptical.

That's our best bet really. That he's inherited such a pile of shite that he won't have time to turn it around. Compare that with Pards who as usual is managing to get worse every season he's in charge despite being handed better players to work with at every level. It's not like he hasn't shown the same failure at every previous club like West Ham and Southampton either.

In my mind there is no question he is tactically better than Pardew.

I'm not convinced he's a PDC style cunt either though. That seems to be what we are basing our criticisms on. But the Brighton forums seem to view him quite positively, and in the two games against us, his teams seemed far more motivated than ours did under Pardew.

Devils advocate but aren't the minnows always likely to be 'more up for it'?

As I said earlier, Brighton could string passes together which was enough to impress me but Sunderland could appoint literally anyone (say Paolo Di Canio for example) and some will instantly be doom and gloom claiming he is a good manager/have a feeling he will be a success based on very little.

I'm not convinced he's a PDC style cunt either though. That seems to be what we are basing our criticisms on. But the Brighton forums seem to view him quite positively, and in the two games against us, his teams seemed far more motivated than ours did under Pardew.

As I said earlier, Brighton could string passes together which was enough to impress me but Sunderland could appoint literally anyone (say Paolo Di Canio for example) and some will instantly be doom and gloom claiming he is a good manager/have a feeling he will be a success based on very little.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I created a thread about Poyet after last season's cup defeat based purely on the qualities I saw in his side. Most of the objections in that thread were based on him being a cunt due to scoring goals against us and being associated with Dennis Wise.

If you dug a little deeper fans might have discovered he was generally considered to be the brains behind Leeds success while he was there with Wise. I think you'll find he's far higher rated inside the game than either Pardew or Kinnear these days.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I created a thread about Poyet after last season's cup defeat based purely on the qualities I saw in his side. Most of the objections in that thread were based on him being a cunt due to scoring goals against us and being associated with Dennis Wise.

If you dug a little deeper fans might have discovered he was generally considered to be the brains behind Leeds success while he was there with Wise. I think you'll find he's far higher rated inside the game than either Pardew or Kinnear these days.

Leeds who got relegated under Wise, is this? :lol:

Be interesting to see how much coin they give him in Jan.

It will be even more interesting to see what he does with the players he's got right now. The mark of a good manager is to make the best use of the players at your disposal. The general consensus is he's got an awful squad to work with until January. I think he'll keep them up personally.

Wasn't that after Poyet left?

I'm not convinced he's a PDC style c*** either though. That seems to be what we are basing our criticisms on. But the Brighton forums seem to view him quite positively, and in the two games against us, his teams seemed far more motivated than ours did under Pardew.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I created a thread about Poyet after last season's cup defeat based purely on the qualities I saw in his side. Most of the objections in that thread were based on him being a c*** due to scoring goals against us and being associated with Dennis Wise.

Think it might have been.  I seem to recall that Leeds fans credited their success under Wise to Poyet and it all went a bit wrong when Poyet left.

Wise and Poyet arrived in October, were relegated in May. They were deducted ten points but wouldn't have had enough to stay up anyway. Poyet left the following October.

Doesn't seem to work for us.

From the away tickets thread explaining what clubs are doing with their 200K grant from the PL to help make away travel more affordable.

"Sunderland subsidise away tickets at certain fixtures by £10 and have improved the concourse, signage and bar areas for travelling fans. They will also produce 40,000 guidebooks for visiting fans with things to see and do while in the area".

Isn't that actually stadium maintenance ?

Fucking cheapskates - they'll be using it to help pay off sacked managers and associated hangers on next.

They will also produce 40,000 guidebooks for visiting fans with things to see and do while in the area

A small shipment of said guide

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/598454885_1/China-Double-A-font-b-A4-b-font-Size-80gsm-office-font-b-copy-b-font.jpg

Where did the idea that if a manager beats anther manager then he must be better come from? :lol:

Nowhere but what else can his performance be judged on other than comparisons against those in the same competition?

So Pardew is better than Furguson

Where did the idea that if a manager beats anther manager then he must be better come from? :lol:

Nowhere but what else can his performance be judged on other than comparisons against those in the same competition?

So Pardew is better than Furguson

Sorry, I thought you were talking about "beats" in terms of final league placings (although those comparisons do have their own flaws of course). Talking at cross purposes I think. :thup:

Hehe, just reading NUFC.com and their article about the Premier League away fans initiative thing, and it highlights what other clubs are doing ,and saw this...

"Mackems subsidise away tickets at certain fixtures by £10 and have improved the concourse, signage and bar areas for travelling fans. They will also produce 40,000 guidebooks for visiting fans with things to see and do while in the area."

Page 1 - go to Newcastle

:lol: