Sunderland

Nobody

SUNDERLAND 0 FULHAM 1

Dear Lordy,

I’ve said before that I prefer to play well and lose a game – I say this because I try to think about the future and look at things in a positive way, but now after losing maybe I think a little bit differently.

It’s disappointing, for 80 minutes we were in Fulham’s half and the only corner that they had has cost us the game.

We left a man free at the post and gave away a silly goal.

Our new players need to learn quickly, this is just the opening day but there’s no time to spare in the Barclays Premier League.

I need to see more ferocity from my players, the way we played satisfied me as there was only one team in the game.

The one thing that was missing from our performance was a goal and that is the main thing - you need to score to get maximum points or sometimes to draw.

Their goal hurt us and for the rest of the game we looked like a team of new players.

Fulham are an experienced side with players that have been together for many years.

We need to adjust a few things but we are a team capable of doing that.

All the best,

Paolo Di Canio

Excuses coming out. Fulham have been together years and his new team needs to gel.

They'll take a while to gel- most of the new signings are shite!

they have been needing to gel for as long as I can remember :lol:

Excuses coming out. Fulham have been together years and his new team needs to gel.

They'll take a while to gel- most of the new signings are s****!

they have been needing to gel for as long as I can remember :lol:

Probably because they buy about 50 players every transfer window.

Sorry, I mean they 'set the transfer window alight'.

At some point this season Sunderland are going to have to come to terms with the fact that, whilst he might have been enough to drag them out of the relegation scrap at the arse end of last season by installing sufficient quantities of "give a fuck" in the players, they are now for the longer term lumbered with a bloke who is a league one manager.

The salvation from relegation is one thing, but the longer term is probably the cost of it.

some of them on smb seem to think its a good thing they only let Fulham have 1 chance and lost the game- what do they think is going to happen in thier next home games-Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs

Guest Forty Five

Woah, relax admin.  I'm just a long time lurker who has finally decided to get in on the action with the new season starting and all.