Sunderland

Nobody

Tor-Kristian Karlsen ‏@karlsentk  42m42 minutes ago

Read in Gazzetta this morning that Sunderland obliged to exercise £9M buy-option for Ricky Alvarez in case of staying up. Oh dear, if true

Barely played has he?

That's true. Was reported in most places in the summer, that if they stay up they are contractually obliged to pay the money not an option.

He's a half decent albeit lightweight 10, couldn't have been more unsuited to the way the play from the off given he doesn't have the fitness or graft to play in their back 9.

Aye I saw him in Italy quite a lot, very talented although tended to be inconsistent but tbf most players of that type are.

Mental how much money they spunk up the wall. Most of my sunderland supporting mates say they'd rather have Gardner back than £10 million Rodwell.

I was there on Saturday and Rodwell was appalling. His only meaningful contribution was being sent off, which actually resulted in us playing better football.

If we don't beat Burnley on Saturday we are seriously in the shite. Defoe must be wondering what the fuck he has let himself in for.

Mental how much money they spunk up the wall. Most of my sunderland supporting mates say they'd rather have Gardner back than £10 million Rodwell.

I was there on Saturday and Rodwell was appalling. His only meaningful contribution was being sent off, which actually resulted in us playing better football.

If we don't beat Burnley on Saturday we are seriously in the shite. Defoe must be wondering what the fuck he has let himself in for.

Toronto are fucking shite in the MLS I think, so he should be used to it :lol:

http://38.media.tumblr.com/f7d51db73af769d73c1cd75af084a445/tumblr_muow08VSjq1qdisd6o1_500.gif

If you do land in the shite- keep a seat warm for us.

I reckon Defoe wont give a flying fuck as long as he gets paid each month. Reminds me of our relegation season.

Gardner should be playing in league one. He has no attributes apart from the ability to twat a football really really hard.

If we don't beat Burnley on Saturday we are seriously in the s****. Defoe must be wondering what the f*** he has let himself in for.

I reckon Defoe wont give a flying f*** as long as he gets paid each month. Reminds me of our relegation season.

Could be there Michael Owen 

Poyet was quoted in the Mirror today saying their fans need to stop 'living in the past' and wishing that Quinn and Phillips were still around. Is he beginning to lose it again?

Another group  of fans ebing told "know your place" by the sounds of it.

Im not sure why people follow football anymore when managres talk like this.

Literally no-one is still alive from then.

All football is history marra. 9-1ftm is history, just as the 5-1 is now marra. The only difference whatsoever between those 2 games is 4 more goals were scored. All football is just history- apart from the Fairs Cup. Doesn't count as history cos sunderlandNETD weren't in it marra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1895_World_Championship_%28football%29

Marra, we were champions of the world and want that back! Unlike some other obsessed fans who got their best ever manager to leave to Palace!

I'm sure they were all falling over each other to tell us how much of a cunt /shit manager he was. Now he's left having been heavily criticised, he was actually an ok manager and the problem was us. It's like there's a fucking chip in every single brain which is programmed to "disagree with the mags on every single thing, at all costs."

Btw, league one opposition again if these can get past Fulham.

interesting stats I've just seen, the last 22 games for their last 3 managers:

Bruce:

W5 D5 L12

F26 A37 Gd -11

Points 20

Position 16th

O'Neill:

W6 D4 L12

F27 A34 Gd -7

Points 22

Position 16th

Poyet: