Sunderland

Nobody

So they need to lower their wage bill, and Pardew decides to spunk 9 mill on one of their worst players?

Aren't they extremely healthy financially? Sure I saw that somewhere but I could be wrong.

edit* 5th most profit in the league in 13/14.

He basically kept them up the year before last.

Turned into a world beater for about 6/7 games.

By co-incidence it just happened to be when his contract was about to run out.

We then gave him about £60,000 a week to do not a lot for a year.

He keeps his head down and is played through the middle then there's a player there somewhere.

I doubt Alan Pardew is the man to unlock his potential.

Frees up wages to improve other places and we have 3 other strikers, 2 of which are arguably better than Wickham.

I'm behind this

9 million quid?  :lol: :lol:

Great business by sunderland.

swear to god this fucking forum and it's determination to hang onto premier league pricing structures from the mid-late '90's is doing my fucking head in

they've paid 6m for a guy in his early 20's who has been playing top flight football (sort of) since he was about 18

as someone else said the initial fee is the same as one riviere give or take, i know which one i find more ridiculous tbh

swear to god this f***ing forum and it's determination to hang onto premier league pricing structures from the mid-late '90's is doing my f***ing head in

they've paid 6m for a guy in his early 20's who has been playing top flight football (sort of) since he was about 18

as someone else said the initial fee is the same as one riviere give or take, i know which one i find more ridiculous tbh

Sort of is the key word  :lol: :lol: :lol:

swear to god this f***ing forum and it's determination to hang onto premier league pricing structures from the mid-late '90's is doing my f***ing head in

didn't physiotherapy's Shane Long go for 14m or something recently?

there's daft fees all over the place, this really isn't one of them tbh

wat

wat

isn't shane long the cripple that hardly ever plays? :lol:

might have him mixed up with someone else shite

wat

I'd say you are probably thinking of someone else

wat

I'd say you are probably thinking of someone else

who is that other nondescript forward who has some pace and is always injured?  i was sure it was long, but then as mole says maybe long just doesn't play 'cause he's not very good and i've got the wrong end of the stick

I Think there's a good player in there somewhere but have heard he's let down by effort on and off the pitch and it's all about the lifestyle of a footballer and not about the game. Doing nowt and being on £60kpw will do that to you.

Another casualty of the modern game.