Sunderland

Nobody

Signing Kaboul

:lol:

Spurs' Kaboul wouldn't join Sunderland 'in an earthquake' says player's agent

By Colin Young for the Daily Mail

Updated: 14:46 GMT, 18 July 2008

Even Sunderland manager Roy Keane may have his work cut out trying to convince Tottenham's Younes Kaboul to move to Wearside, his agent has warned.

The French midfielder is one of four Spurs stars who has been given permission to speak to Keane after Juande Ramos accepted a £23 million package on Thursday night.

But Kaboul's agent Rudy Raba said: `Younes wouldn't join Sunderland even if there was an earthquake. We have more interesting options than Sunderland. Don't even think about it.'

Who we have is irrelevant to me as to whether I find a signing they make funny or not, and signing Kaboul is funny because he's a) not very good and b) played like 20 games in 3 seasons

Guest Geordiesned

i'll consider laughing about kaboul when williamson is at another club, closely followed by fucking fistpump

until such time we've got fuck all to laugh about

i'll consider laughing about kaboul when williamson is at another club, closely followed by fucking fistpump

I'll stop laughing when he actually signs rather than his agent telling them "don't even think about it".

I'll stop laughing when he actually signs rather than his agent telling them "don't even think about it".

@SkySportsNewsHQ  11m11 minutes ago

BREAKING: Sunderland sign defender Younes Kaboul from Tottenham on four-year deal. #SSNHQ

I don't think that's too bad a signing if they can keep him fit like.

Without a doubt the mackems "policy" of signing bigger clubs' cast-offs isn't much cop at all but he'll do for a club in their position unless he ends up being a crock.

i'll consider laughing about kaboul when williamson is at another club, closely followed by f***ing fistpump

until such time we've got f*** all to laugh about

BREAKING: Sunderland sign defender Younes Kaboul from Tottenham on four-year deal. #SSNHQ

4 year deal :lol:  Will be utter baggage by year 3.

Fair enough, I hadn't realised his agent's comments were from 2008. His stock has obviously plummeted since then and now he'll take whatever he can get. 

i'll consider laughing about kaboul when williamson is at another club, closely followed by f***ing fistpump

until such time we've got f*** all to laugh about

4 year deal :lol:  Will be utter baggage by year 3

That's being generous

He was a decent CB when he was younger and interested. I'd wager he's now got his feet up now the ink is dry on his last big contract.

Absolute madness to offer a 4 year deal to a 29 year old bloke who's played 29 games in the last 3 seasons. He might be reasonably motivated for a year but once they change managers again he'll get a sicknote and milk it imo.