Sunderland

Nobody

Zenit St Petersburg defender Nicolas Lombaerts rejected Sunderland's advances because he wants to win trophies.

The Black Cats thought they were close to securing the Belgian's signature but he pulled out of a £5m deal to move to the North East.

Reports emerged that the centre-back had failed a medical but the 30-year-old was quick to dismiss them in Belgian paper Sporza.

"I took the decision myself. I didn't want to join Sunderland," he said.

"The story about a failed medical is untrue. I want to stay in Russia. It's a thoughtful decision. With Zenit, we fight for trophies every season."

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/17/sunderland-eye-transfer-of-bayer-leverkusens-turkish-star-hakan-calhanoglu-5299987/

Sunderland are steadily improving their squad for the new season with an impressive four signings already and now they look to turn their attentions to a creative centre midfielder in the shape of Hakan Calhanoglu from Bayer Leverkusen.

Has he stagnated badly or what?

You are taking the Metro seriously? Not a chance in hell of that happening.

It's definitely happening man. Nah, just that Sunderland have no business being linked with players of that quality.

:thup: :lol:

Calhanoglu to the mackems?! :lol: how on earth have the Metro came up with that one, he'd be a decent signing for one of the top 4.

Congerton link. Took him to Hamburg or something.

I've never even heard of him tbh.

A few people I know insist on calling it that all the time still. Takes quite a lot of self control not to badly beat them.

Just do it you wimp.

No, seriously Ian this is not the way. I'm relieved you're controlling things so far, but plz seek help.