Sunderland

Nobody

Puts to bed, if you'll pardon the expression of any notion of them being a classy club

They suspend him, then un-suspend him, presumably on the assurances that he was innocent.  He has now admitted guilt and we're expected to believe that in all the preceding time no-one at the club knew he was pleading guilty.

Probabaly already been answered but what is the difference between "sexual activity with a child" and "sexual activity with a girl under 16" ? I realise they could be different counts of the same type of offence, like 12 seperate counts of burglary but it seems strange to word them differently.

After these latest developments I don't know who comes out of it worse. The football club for continuing to play him even though it was obvious it was one of those no smoke without fire cases or the supporters of the football club, many who would have bairns themselves, cheering him like a hero and serenading him with a "shags who he wants" song.

As for Johnson, you've got to hope justice is served swiftly and without mercy and he gets everything that's coming his way.

If there's any justice that club is going down and won't darken the top flight of English football for many years to come.

The club could hide behind the fig leaf of "innocent till proven guilty", the fans have no excuse whatsoever and tbf the mackems I know said he shouldn't have been playing till the case was over.

However if it comes out the club knew the truththen the rest of football should feel the way about them that we already do.