Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

A Bent deal could go either way depending on factors discussed to death. A low fee of 3-4m and similarly lowish wages and I guess I can live with the chance of it not working to managerial expectations.

I actually really want to sign him. I think we'd get his best years out of him.

This. Have wanted him since Ipswich. 

He is similar to Defoe, who I had a long period of wanting to see in a Newcastle shirt. Will score goals but offers little for the team. Bent is exactly the type of player for where Ashley see us, not so much where we want to see us though.

I worry about how to get he and Cisse both playing time. He worked reasonably well with Kenwyne Jones didnt he? Time will tell if we are in for anyone else up front.

It certainly won't surprise me to see Fulham or Hull come in and buy Bent instead of us though. Problem is the press don't have a clue and we never confirm or deny speculation as per our policy. We will probably end up with two strikers no-one saw coming... problem is that could be good or horrendously bad.

Was Xisco ever given a proper chance like? :lol:

4 managers chose not to play him so draw your own conclusions.

Two of those being Kinnear and Pardew, right? :lol:

You can imagine Xisco must have done something really naughty when Nile 'Gangsta' Ranger gets promoted to the 1st team ahead of him.

It certainly won't surprise me to see Fulham or Hull come in and buy Bent instead of us though.

I can imagine what the reaction will be if that happens, pro-Bent deal or otherwise.

http://cdn0.meme.li/instances/300x300/39377933.jpg

Guest Phil K

He'd score - with the added bonus he'd take the opposition's attention away from Cisse who would benefit massively

Sorry..didnt read the entire thread but have we basically declared Bent as the main man we are going for after that other guy went to Dortmund? And is signing Bent more likely than not now?

he'll score goals, find it strange Villa have thrown him out on his ear like this though, not sure what he's done to deserve the train with the kids treatment

Not if he gets fuck all service.

No point in getting him in unless we bring in a winger or two. We need someone a little different, someone who can partner either partner Cisse or be brought on as a plan B.

:thup:

Guest Roger Kint

The article is pure speculation, based on how much Villa don't want him, rather than how keen we are.

He'd be okay as a squad player, but somehow you feel this is the wrong move.

This completely. Still refuse to believe we will pay serious money for him given his age and obscene wages. Would he even take the required 25-50% paycut we would surely demand? Still nice of the Chronicle to say we have a green light for £8m given the same paper two weeks ago claimed we would only have him on a free :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

No point in getting him in unless we bring in a winger or two. We need someone a little different, someone who can partner either partner Cisse or be brought on as a plan B.

:thup:

100% this. Sort of pointless buying a like for like backup

If Bent comes in and he's part of the squad and not the focal point or our leading striker AND that means we finally cut ties with Shola (who I have 0 issues with apart from he's not up to being our backup striker) I'm all for it.

Bent's a ruthless finisher and really like what I've read from Brummie regarding the player. If we sign Bent, I'd be happy today. I'd be very p*ssed if we didn't go after a wide forward though, as we clearly need that.

if comes in as back up for cisse in a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 im happy. Do not fancy them starting together in a 4-4-2.

Hope we sign a really good LW with a proven record for goals and assists. Do not know who it could be? Probably not remy, belhanda and PEA.

Who is our new left winger? any suggestions?

Guest Roger Kint

He'll score against the Mackems at least.

Shola does that for millions less tbh :lol:

Good point  :lol:

Just praying neither get the chance :lol: