Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Nothing against him personally, but he will be pretty pointless having the way we play with the long ball an all that. Will just be added to the list of other players he can't get the best out of.

Can't tell you how thoroughly depressed I was this morning reading the Chronicle website which within the space of a couple of column inches managed to cover the fact that Bent is now our priority, and that he is not part of Villa's plans and is going to train with the reserves.

Replacement for Shola at £4m, fine. Striking priority, GTF. :idiot2:

That's what the people talking about what a good buy he'd be are missing, he won't be backup, he'll be first choice under Pardew.  Or I certainly hope they're missing that, because anyone who wants to see Darren Bent as a first choice player in our team can simply fuck off.

Guest Roger Kint

Bent is ok as a squad player, Cisse backup.

But we need a pacy striker/winger.

:yao:

Good luck with that. We will get a striker and a CB no doubt and be grateful :(

I'm quite surprised there's been no talk of Remy as yet. He's still training with QPR (as is Barton, by the by).

We could really do with a player of Barton's energy. We need midfielders who can cover an inordinate amount of ground imo.

I'm quite surprised there's been no talk of Remy as yet. He's still training with QPR (as is Barton, by the by).

We could really do with a player of Barton's energy. We need midfielders who can cover an inordinate amount of ground imo.

He's the best 4-4-2 'winger' we've had under Pardew, anyway. :laugh:

I was thinking more that bent was to replace cisse.  cant be his partner, we barely supply anything for cisse to attack never mind two strikers with similar qualities getting no supply.  cant see him wanting to be back up.  shocking transfer idea. Wreaks of pardew.

He's the best 4-4-2 'winger' we've had under Pardew, anyway. :laugh:

'Working wide man'

You know nuffing Yorkie Snow

I was thinking more that bent was to replace cisse.  cant be his partner, we barely supply anything for cisse to attack never mind two strikers with similar qualities getting no supply.  cant see him wanting to be back up.  shocking transfer idea. Wreaks of pardew.

Exactly.

Bent is going to cost loads to get from Villa and be on pretty big wages.

If the club was to do that I'd rather they actually went after their initial targets and if they fail on getting them (as it looks like) then I would prefer it if we went for Defoe who is the better option.

Now we have lost out on PEA (or seem to be about to unless JFK goes over and plays FIFA with him) I think Remy could actually be a real target.