Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Bent's a decent player. I actually quite like him.

However, for the benefit of those getting even remotely optimistic about this move. Please allow me to re-iterate.

Newcastle August - December 2014

Bent and Cisse up front.

Bent Upfront and Cisse on the right.

Bent upfront and Cisse on the bench.

Bent injured.

Cisse upfront.

Cisse barren for two months.

Pardew sacked.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30175358.jpg

Bent strikes me as the kind of player who'll be more trouble than he's worth. Doesn't get the playing time he wants and he'll bitch and moan and just be a cancer. Not to mention we'll need to feed him the ball to get anything out of him, and if I recall correctly, this team is terrible at providing service consistently.

This is the worry at the back of my mind. Whatever his qualities as a squad player, he'll be coming here to restore himself to his usual position of first choice central striker. If we've got a different agenda (and I hope we do), it doesn't feel like the right move.

It will be so unbelievable if we start the season with both of them upfront.

Purely because we pretty much started last season the exact same way i.e. with two incompatible strikers up front in a 4-4-2.

It will be the clearest indication of Pardew's lack of intelligence. Making the exact same mistake a whole year later.

Bent strikes me as the kind of player who'll be more trouble than he's worth. Doesn't get the playing time he wants and he'll bitch and moan and just be a cancer. Not to mention we'll need to feed him the ball to get anything out of him, and if I recall correctly, this team is terrible at providing service consistently.

Based on? I don't remember one instance of this last season and the only time he's really spoken out was before his move to Sunderland and tbh any player wanting to leave would get annoyed by Levy in transfer negotiations

Based on? I don't remember one instance of this last season and the only time he's really spoken out was before his move to Sunderland and tbh any player wanting to leave would get annoyed by Levy in transfer negotiations

He's never worked for Pardew/Kinnear either. That's enough to drive any player up a wall.

Just my impression, dunno how he'll actually be. Could be all smiles and rainbows, though I doubt it.

He's never worked for Pardew/Kinnear either. That's enough to drive any player up a wall.

he has played under Pardew

he has played under Pardew

Aye, but not for both. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

You're allowed to be wrong, Deuce. It's not the end of the world. It'd be a lot easier to hold your hands up, than squirming like this.

You're allowed to be wrong, Deuce. It's not the end of the world. It'd be a lot easier to hold your hands up, than squirming like this.

I mean, you don't always have to be a bitter turd either, supafan. It's so much easier to smile. :aww:

Bent strikes me as the kind of player who'll be more trouble than he's worth. Doesn't get the playing time he wants and he'll bitch and moan and just be a cancer.

That's unfair.

He hasn't bitched or moaned whilst here, not at all.

Bent strikes me as the kind of player who'll be more trouble than he's worth. Doesn't get the playing time he wants and he'll bitch and moan and just be a cancer.

That's unfair.

What's he likely on money wise?? 50-60k a week??

That's unfair.

Fair shout to him then. He'll be entering a completely different environment here, with the expectation that he'll be starting. And he'll be making less.

We didn't expect Ba to throw a hissy while here either, but things change for players/relationships between the player and manager change.

Guest icemanblue

I mean, you don't always have to be a bitter turd either, supafan. It's so much easier to smile. :aww:

http://h11.abload.de/img/cheryl-hmmm-gif1oje1.gif

Can Bent play out wide in a Remy type role? I'm just trying to figure out the club's reasoning if the plan isn't to sell Cisse.

More likely Cisse is played out wide. But even more likely is that they play straight 4-4-2.

Can Bent play out wide in a Remy type role? I'm just trying to figure out the club's reasoning if the plan isn't to sell Cisse.

More likely Cisse is played out wide. But even more likely is that they play straight 4-4-2.

Yeah I realise Pardew might invent yet more farcical formations, but assuming we had a clued up manager, does Bent actually have the ability to play wide? I'm sure Harry used him out wide for Spurs when he was there, although I don't know if Bent was too keen on it.

It will be so unbelievable if we start the season with both of them upfront.

Purely because we pretty much started last season the exact same way i.e. with two incompatible strikers up front in a 4-4-2.

It will be the clearest indication of Pardew's lack of intelligence. Making the exact same mistake a whole year later.

Yep.