The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Personally I think the reaction to it could be a bit patronising to Miggy. Like Grealish is the bully and Miggy is this innocent weak child. Reality is Grealish is just a stupid young man who was hammered and Miggy is still a tough premier league footballer who has shown before he has a bit of shithousery in him (well attempts to cheat actually). Maybe not quite the angelic child he might look. Plus he’s 28 and has probably been called far worse so I imagine he’s not let that get to him too much. 

However, Grealish has continued to be be terrible while Miggy has been phenomenal since that was posted, plus Grealish is no doubt a massive whopper. So still pretty funny. 

Edited by St. Maximin

• 6 months later...
16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Eventually the majority will be sick to the back teeth of Wrexham. 

It doesn't matter how good something may be, anything that gets this much of the limelight eventually ends up getting on people's nerves. 

Is it really that unpopular?

Of course people will be fed up of them, it always happens with the ‘underdog story’.

People got fed up of the likes of Wigan when they came up and then stayed there stinking the place out. People are fed up with the likes of Salford who are owned by former Man Utd players and seemingly getting people wishing them well. People got fed up of FC Manchester that was created by Man Utd fans in protest.

On bigger scales people got fed up of Chelsea, got fed up of Man City, even got fed up of Arsenal, and before that unless your a fan of these clubs, everyone fucking hates Man Utd and Liverpool.

The question about Wrexham is will their ownership change things in our football system? We all know that the National League should be part of the league system. We all know that money needs to be distributed down. We all know that there are decent sized clubs languishing in the lower leagues and non-league.

Will the attention they have gained result in change? Will the FA and football authorities expand/change or league system? Will investors come in for the other clubs? Will fans start turning out for those teams.

If the answer is no, then their ownership hasn’t been good for football outside of Wrexham.

Edited by Stifler

Maybe not unpopular, but as amazing a goalscorer as Haaland is, and he is, the Man City tax is very real and he'd need to score close to Messi 11/12 numbers for me to consider his record as being equal to or better than Cole, Shearer, and Suarez's.

Edited by Kid Icarus

On 28/04/2023 at 08:02, LordJake said:

Speed and Batty loved a long sleeve 

Keith Gillespie too I think. And Tino, Nobby.

Do they sell long-sleeve shirts anymore? Haven't seen one in a shop for years.

Edited by Superior Acuña

If Liverpool are in the groove with 4 wins on the bounce including scraping past Forest and bottling a 3-0 lead to Spurs before a break in front of goal I hate to think what we are with 8 wins in 9 with 26 goals scored in that time tbh.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

If Liverpool are in the groove with 4 wins on the bounce including scraping past Forest and bottling a 3-0 lead to Spurs before a break in front of goal I hate to think what we are with 8 wins in 9 with 26 goals scored in that time tbh.

Time wasters

15 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Keith Gillespie too I think. And Tino, Nobby.

Do they sell long-sleeve shirts anymore? Haven't seen one in a shop for years.

Gillespie definitely. I had the 95-96 home in long sleeve. Was going to get 7 Lee on the back but the club shop started an any name and number for a fiver so I got my moneys worth!

seem to remember Ginola liked a long sleeve, especially in the away kit 

Just think they’ve got their attacking mojo back when I watch them. They will concede like they did today but they always look like scoring too with ease. Couple of crucial Salah missed penalties would’ve had it even closer for the run in. Sort out that midfield in the summer and they will be a handful for anyone again.

9 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

In the grooooove.

We've been here with Liverpool before. This is the third or fourth time they've put together four wins in a row, then it goes to pot again.

To me it feels like they've left it too late this season so are trying things out for next. TAA in midfield, Gakpo in the hole, getting Nunez settled, etc.

The problem is they'll continue to ship goals while their midfield is as open as it is. I'm sure they'll sort this with a substantial outlay in the summer. They'll be looking at the same pool of players as us too.

Fully expect them to be back amongst it next season providing they buy well.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We've been here with Liverpool before. This is the third or fourth time they've put together four wins in a row, then it goes to pot again.

To me it feels like they've left it too late this season so are trying things out for next. TAA in midfield, Gakpo in the hole, getting Nunez settled, etc.

The problem is they'll continue to ship goals while their midfield is as open as it is. I'm sure they'll sort this with a substantial outlay in the summer. They'll be looking at the same pool of players as us too.

But how on earth can they compete in the market with a club with no ceiling???

Shame they're not the kind of club that would financially capitulate from a few years out of the CL.

5 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Can see it now, such and such chooses to join newcastle over liverpool. Cue the he's only going there for money brigade. 

I’ve been watching Liverpool closely for some time. I’ve long said it’s possible for them to win all their remaining matches due to the ease of them, having players back from injury and no European football. 

At home they’ve been good in attack all season. It’s away they’ve struggled to score as much and they’ve been conceding all season. 

Despite winning 3 on the bounce. They still have the same vulnerabilities and keep conceding. They still have the same issues at the back even with a first choice back 5. I’m actually more confident they will drop points now than I was before. 

In any case.  I still think we’re good for 72-75. 

We should be targeting 3rd and having our best statistical PL season or as close as possible. 75 would be better than any Sir Bobby season. 78 would equal the best ever and we’ll have a better goal difference.