Rangers 1 - 1 Newcastle United - pretend you know how it went from page 18

Decky

Just saw the highlights. In the 4th minute Tioté made a fantastic 5 yard sideway pass to Cabaye who didn't even see it as he had a 50 minutes long verbal spat with a ranger.

Cabaye's s****.

Tiote's s****.

Pardew's s****.

Jonas is beyond s****.

Debuchy's not a great defender.

Glad Shola scored but he's a c***.

Sammy's utter crap.

Ben Arfa's got no substance.

Colo's slow as f***, sick of him.

f***.

Just getting rid of all of my own aggressive hyperbole in one post.

Pardew being shit isn't hyperbole, it's more of an understatement if anything.

Guest bimpy474

bad wingplay, go figure.

And yet Pardew persist with this formation despite us lacking any decent wingers, you do wonder what goes on in his head.

Genuinely baffled anyone still takes anything from pre-season friendlies (especially ones that aren't even televised or on the radio) seriously but maybe It seems alone in that.

Shola will be fucking mint this season if I am wrong though :lol:

Cabaye's shite.

Tiote's shite.

Pardew's shite.

Jonas is beyond shite.

Debuchy's not a great defender.

Glad Shola scored but he's a cunt.

Sammy's utter crap.

Ben Arfa's got no substance.

Colo's slow as fuck, sick of him.

Fuck.

Just getting rid of all of my own aggressive hyperbole in one post.

I've bookmarked this for future use. Just need to snip the Shola goal bit and it'll invariably work.

I actually can't get my head round the thinking of putting Sissoko on the wing.

He's fast.

That's pretty much it. Idiotic stuff.

Not from a standing start he's not which as a "winger" it more or less negates it.

Genuinely baffled anyone still takes anything from pre-season friendlies (especially ones that aren't even televised or on the radio) seriously but maybe It seems alone in that.

Why does every team bother playing them then, if they're completely meaningless? First few of the summer you'd have a point. Not now.

Guest bimpy474

He plays there for France doesn't he?

I'm not saying I agree with it but I don't object to trying things out in friendlies too much, albeit probably not worth doing it again

I'm betting France dont play the same style, and have much more movement and interchanging of positions than a Pardew team.

A pre-season result can have actual implications. I'm not saying this one definitely will, I'm just saying it's a garbage result in isolation and - if those present are credible - there remain similar problems with the performance.

Why does every team bother playing them then, if they're completely meaningless? First few of the summer you'd have a point. Not now.

Precisely this, too. To varying extents ('none' to 'some' would be the scale), pre-season matches matter. Why not get pumped up against some good teams instead of labouring to draws against third-tier Scottish sides?

He's fast.

I mean it's literally what you'd do on FIFA cos it works :lol: not real life. Just no.

Shola will be f***ing mint this season if I am wrong though :lol:

You are missing the point hard, imo.

www.nufc.com

Not bonny on Clyde

Result:

Rangers  1  Newcastle  1

Rangers went ahead after just five minutes following a soft penalty award. The spot-kick was dispatched past Tim Krul by Lee McCulloch.

United dominated possession in the first period but were restricted to long range shots in this not-so-friendly pre-match kickabout.

The Magpies remained disjointed after the break but the numerous substitutions haven't caused us to lose our rhythm as we never had any...!

Once again, Shola Ameobi provided the face-saver with a good finish at the very end of normal time.

Team: Krul (Elliot 46), Debuchy, Santon (Dummett 63), Coloccini (Yanga-Mbiwa 73), S.Taylor, Sissoko (Marveaux 63), Tiote (Anita 73), Gutierrez (Sa.Ameobi 80), Cabaye (Gosling 80), Cisse (Sh.Ameobi 73), Ben Arfa (Gouffran 46).

Subs: All used.

Booked: Sissoko

bad wingplay, go figure.

And yet Pardew persist with this formation despite us lacking any decent wingers, you do wonder what goes on in his head.

I'm hoping (in desperation) that he's picked this team on purpose.....maybe Kinnear is delaying on signing a winger so Pards is going "look! see how shit our wing options are!" voila... Downing or the like is signed tomorrow.

I know.....complete fantasy.

He's fast.

It reminds me very much of Souness putting Shola on the wing. He basically just picks 11 players then trys to fit them into his favourite formation. Sissoko is the odd man out if you like.

So our front six was something like this, then? (If the Pacos friendly is anything to go by, which was the same personnel I think, minus Cisse?)

----- Cabaye --- Tiote ------

Siss ------- HBA ------ Jonas

------------ Cisse --------------

Tiote: Wrong. Shouldn't be in the team.

Sissoko: Wrong. Should be starting deeper.

Sissoko: Wrong again. Shouldn't be on the right.

HBA: Wrong. Should be on either wing, preferably right.

Jonas: Wrong. Shouldn't be in the team.

Cisse/Cabaye: Probably fair enough but probably rendered completely useless by the amount of Wrong going on around them.

Regardless of how you rate those six as individuals, somehow you can't see them functioning as a combination. It's like there's no pattern, no vision there.