Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

:lol: his weird stutterstep while looking dead at the ball before aimlessly hoofing it, like he hears the ball scream 'wait wait don't kick me'

making a strong case for LB to become priority signing.

Mbabu was mint when he played. Somehow this guy has ownership of the position.

Feel for him a bit as Gini goes wandering so he doesn't often have the usual full back out-ball up the line and he hasn't got the technique for anything much more imaginative. Looks more comfortable with Thauvin in front of him.

Guest firetotheworks

Feel for him a bit as Gini goes wandering so he doesn't often have the usual full back out-ball up the line and he hasn't got the technique for anything much more imaginative. Looks more comfortable with Thauvin in front of him.

I'd agree, but he often had options in front of him and continued to hoof it. Him and Colback's inability to even consider using their right feet as well is fucking embarrassing.

He's painful to watch like although he's horribly exposed more so in this highly lopsided formation we toss out week after week.

Any clues as to why Sissoko and Wijnaldum switched wings so early today?

We were hoofing it because we had to due to the conditions.

The ball was sticking and not bouncing.

Mbemba was lumping it and was shouting at others to do the same as you couldn't be sure a pass on the ground would carry.

I was expecting the ref to abandon it half time it was getting so bad.

Also, Dummett had no cover whatsoever and was getting doubled up on in defence by their right winger and Hutton.

This changed when Thauvin came on and occupied Hutton.

Guest firetotheworks

Mbemba was lumping it and was shouting at others to do the same as you couldn't be sure a pass on the ground would carry.

Also, Dummett had no cover whatsoever and was getting doubled up on in defence by their right winger and Hutton.

All of this is simply wrong. He was the only player hoofing it aimlessly. Even Elliott was playing it out from the back.

I don't know why Colo ends up being the last man defending one on one on the left wing. I suspect it's because Dummett and Colback are too slow to get back if they are caught anywhere outside their own penalty area.

We should be going full guns blazing to get a left back in January; Dummett and Haidara are nowhere near good enough to be starting for us.

think mbabu is good enough for now as we need quality in  other areas more urgently

I don't know why Colo ends up being the last man defending one on one on the left wing. I suspect it's because Dummett and Colback are too slow to get back if they are caught anywhere outside their own penalty area.

You've answered your own question and I think Dummett is out of position so somebody else gets the blame when he's not getting done.

utter bollocks as our midfield and forwards in possession  were trying to pass the ball about on a awful surface whereas Dummett played hoofball at every opportunity

Makes Danny Simpson look like a two-footed, risk-taking short passing creative midfielder. He's absolutely fucking garbage and I despise him as a footballer. No ability whatsoever. Worthless.

Simpson was probably the worst constant first-team regular we've had in the PL after Gouffran, and arguably Gutierrez.