Thoughts on this summer's transfer window

Jack Flash
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

17 league games I'm sure I read tonight before the next window opens. Have we enough on board to see those games out?

I think we have. Although a few new faces would have been ideal no doubt.

Ashleys gamble is we'll get to January and do business then. Gomis for example would be free to negotiate from Jan 1st (if he doesn't renew) and every chance he'll be snapped up for less than half the current asking price. Hopefully Remy can go from being on-loan to permanent - lets hope QPR bomb.

Big gamble the next window as it closes the last day of Jan the season ticket DD is due feb 1st to start paying for the following season!

Just confirms what most people suspected back in June when Kinnear was appointed, that Ashley was playing silly buggers for whatever reason (probably to undermine the manager and/or distract the fans and press from his negligent behaviour) and that the needs of the club are second to the owner getting his cock out on the boardroom table and running the club on a shoestring.

I'm not even that disappointed, it's been on the cards for months IMO.

That fat fuck couldn't find his cock with a pair of tweezers and a mirror strapped to his foot.

Reassuringly pathetic summer window from us.

No signings because they couldn't mug anyone off regardless of whether we needed them or not.

Hooray to merely being rather than trying to be something.

Guest Brazilianbob

I reckon Ashley is getting his own back because some morons in our support base threatened his family.  He ihas clearly decided not to give us anything other than the bare minimum to function and nothing more.

Look, we'll probably have enough to be alright.

But that's the saddening thing. "Alright" is our ambition now. We have no wish or desire to push on any further, because that risks not maximising our profit margins.

It stinks.

I reckon Ashley is getting his own back because some morons in our support base threatened his family.  He ihas clearly decided not to give us anything other than the bare minimum to function and nothing more.

That the threat that Northumbria Police confirmed never existed?

I honestly think this is the problem. All those protests fucked with his head and now he spends his time in a darkened room, still in his Smith 17 shirt from '07, plotting our downfall.

Just confirms what most people suspected back in June when Kinnear was appointed, that Ashley was playing silly buggers for whatever reason (probably to undermine the manager and/or distract the fans and press from his negligent behaviour) and that the needs of the club are second to the owner getting his cock out on the boardroom table and running the club on a shoestring.

I'm not even that disappointed, it's been on the cards for months IMO.

Yeah, it's made that pretty clear. No pretending any more.

(Your net "spend" was still about the same as ours, mind :lol:)

They confirmed nothing of the sort.

Shocking window, I think we were genuinely a striker and winger away from being genuine top 7 contenders, in spite of Pardew being in charge.

One sentence says it all. We got a glimpse in the last 15 mins on Saturday what was possible with just the slightest feel for the club from the owner.

They confirmed nothing of the sort.

Sorry, my mistake. They confirmed they'd not advised Ashley of any threat.

Shocking window, I think we were genuinely a striker and winger away from being genuine top 7 contenders, in spite of Pardew being in charge.

One sentence says it all. We got a glimpse in the last 15 mins on Saturday what was possible with just the slightest feel for the club from the owner.

We still could mind, but instead of having a relatively enjoyable season, we're relying on HBA, Remy & Cisse in particular, staying fit until January at least.