NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pardew has dropped players to get them to see his way and it has worked I just do not think it will work with Hatem. I doubt very much he will react in the way Matta has for Jose or Tiote for Pards, more chance of him going off on one and wanting to leave.

Ben Arfa is surely the best example of that working?

Pardew has dropped players to get them to see his way and it has worked I just do not think it will work with Hatem. I doubt very much he will react in the way Matta has for Jose or Tiote for Pards, more chance of him going off on one and wanting to leave.

How is it working? he is still being benched

Ben Arfa's dropped because he won't work his bollocks off for the team, no chance we'll be bringing in this lad, even worse.

Ben Arfa has been dropped because he has provided nothing at all in his last few matches and probably been one of the worst players. If he was tearing teams apart, like we know he is capable of doing, he would start even if he sat down and started tying his boots every time the other team had the ball. Even when Ben Arfa "tracks back" (runs around aimlessly in our end, completely lacking the mentality or skill to actually defend) he isn't that helpful as a defender.

I'd take Zaha but he'd be a squad player so I'm not sure Man Utd would agree to him moving marginally up the pecking order.

Marginally? Zaha is fit and has played in only one competitive match for Manchester. It is a very strange transfer. How can you sign someone (a 20 year old England international at that!) for 15 million and then not even give them a chance to play?

Ben Arfa's dropped because he won't work his bollocks off for the team, no chance we'll be bringing in this lad, even worse.

Ben Arfa has been dropped because he has provided nothing at all in his last few matches and probably been one of the worst players. If he was tearing teams apart, like we know he is capable of doing, he would start even if he sat down and started tying his boots every time the other team had the ball. Even when Ben Arfa "tracks back" (runs around aimlessly in our end, completely lacking the mentality or skill to actually defend) he isn't that helpful as a defender.

:thup:

"Still benched"...it's been 3 games? I'm betting it'll just take one good sub appearance and he'll be back in.

"Still benched"...it's been 3 games? I'm betting it'll just take one good sub appearance and he'll be back in.

Oh you are dead right, get the feeling Pards is bricking it when he drops him so it won't take much for him to be back in the starting 11.

I do think though that more fans on with Pardew on this than I expected there would be, Hatem has to find some consistency in his performances, no point being brilliant one in six games. Vern may not be as brilliant but he will perform to his best though ore often than not, hard to play Benny when he is so hit and miss.

I'd take Zaha but he'd be a squad player so I'm not sure Man Utd would agree to him moving marginally up the pecking order.

Marginally? Zaha is fit and has played in only one competitive match for Manchester. It is a very strange transfer. How can you sign someone (a 20 year old England international at that!) for 15 million and then not even give them a chance to play?

He wouldn't be first choice so would move up from barely making the bench to making the bench.

imo ben arfa has spent most of his time here being our only creative outlet and while our general play as a team has improved he's not adapted to this at all and changed his own game, last couple of times i saw him when he got the ball he was still trying to do it all by himself regardless of the situation

whether this is an ego thing or something that needs working on i don't know but for me the workrate thing isn't the biggest issue...what he needs to do is adapt fast to retaining the ball, laying it off to a team mate and making himself available for the pass again

then he'll be able to pick his moments to attack rather than just go headlong at it every time he gets the ball...it's easier to defend against someone that does the same thing every time - his style also probably lends itself to our players standing and watching him more than they do when he's not on the pitch 'cause they also know what he's likely to do in most cases

unless he's dead set against playing that way i'm sure it could be ironed out in training

I agree about Ben Arfa.

With Zaha, he was Fergie's buy and when a new manager comes in, he may not rate him the same way.

Having said that, even if Fergie was still in charge, I don't think he'd be picking him. However well he's done in the Championship, his current limitations have been exposed at his new level.

Wide there is a fullback depending on him for cover, its not that he doesn't do it its just he doesn't do it every time.

Part of a front two where he can drop deep to pick up the ball or run in behind is where he is best, a role where we can leave him up top without worrying about him tracking back.

Wide there is a fullback depending on him for cover, its not that he doesn't do it its just he doesn't do it every time.

Part of a front two where he can drop deep to pick up the ball or run in behind is where he is best, a role where we can leave him up top without worrying about him tracking back.

Do we ask our strikers to cover one of their central midfielders?

In a 4-4-2 ? hmmm not sure Pards does I guess it depends on who we are playing, Central in a three in a 4-1-3-2 or as part of the 2?

I am worried though that right now Pards see's him as a luxury we cannot afford.

Probably tbf :lol: