NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Based on McClaren's comment on lack of transfers being due to us needing to get the 'right calibre' of player in, this must mean linked players to date have been disputed and rejected by him.

It makes no sense to delay anything unless we are starting over on transfer targets, unless its a smokescreen for covering up our dismal progress from low balling all our offers.

The word "calibre" didn't feature at all in the email. It said "type of player", which is probably more a statement about their work rate than about their quality.

Cheers, not sure how I latched on to that word when it wasn't there.  :lol:

Its just frustrating we have to wait given how much progress we need to make.

If we go into the season retaining Willo as a CB the window has been a failure no matter what other signings we get imo.

He'll be 4th choice imo. No one will buy him.

I was hoping a championship club might come in for him. We need two first team CB's imo, Colo is clearly done, and Taylor won't play a full season. You'd imagine Dummett will be 1st choice LB, and Lascelles prob won't start straight away. Just Willo being here worries me that he will get a place in the team at some point.

Actually forgot Dummet there so yeah Colo, Dummet, Taylor, Lascelles then Willo.

You're right like, he needs to be fucking gone but Taylor and Colo aren't leaving so I doubt we'll sign a new CB myself.

Mario Lemina was sent off for a punch to the groin of Ola Toivonen in a Ligue 1 match in February 2015.

Nice.

Should sign him just for that. Toivonen is a cunt. Besides that, he's supposed to be quite good.

OM probably don't need to sell given they've just received €35m in the last week. Gives them all the power unlike a week ago where they were ripe for the picking.

Thauvin has rejected us numerous times.  How many times more before they get the message?

At least go after targets who might be interested in moving to us rather than spending months on those that don't.

They need to realise that other clubs don't operate like us.  Just because a club receives an offer, it doesn't mean they will rush to get the player out of the door regardless of whether he wants to leave or not.

Mario Lemina was sent off for a punch to the groin of Ola Toivonen in a Ligue 1 match in February 2015.

Nice.

Get in

There isn't nearly enough bollock punching in professional sport. Good lad

Guest Roger Kint

Thauvin has rejected us numerous times.  How many times more before they get the message?

Perfect for us, looks like we are trying with the bonus of not spending any money #wetried

Nice.

Get in

To me, it looks like a wasted opportunity to have punched one of the most punchable faces in world football.

http://img.uefa.com/imgml/TP/players/14/2010/324x324/97690.jpg

Nice.

Get in

To me, it looks like a wasted opportunity to have punched one of the most punchable faces in world football.

http://img.uefa.com/imgml/TP/players/14/2010/324x324/97690.jpg

The sort of face that you'll find in the "vip section" of a low rent nightclub loudly telling people what it was like on being the 2nd one voted off in big brother 5 years ago.

Guest Roger Kint

Good a place as any for this

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 8 mins8 minutes ago

Personally, I'm quite enjoying nothing happening at NUFC. Makes a welcome change from shit things happening and shit football happening.