NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Arfa, Yanga-Mbiwa and Santon played how many games last season?

We finished how many points above the relegation places last season?

The question was how many players do we need to sign to have parity with last season.  Not how many do we need to sign to not be as shit as last season :)

Good question - we will be better than least season purely as I think our coaching set up is so much better. Keep players fit and we will do ok. Add a striker, another wide player and cb and we will be top 10. To break top 8 another 3 on top for debth - cb, lb and better holding player.

Ben Arfa, Yanga-Mbiwa and Santon played how many games last season?

We finished how many points above the relegation places last season?

The question was how many players do we need to sign to have parity with last season.  Not how many do we need to sign to not be as s*** as last season :)

I thought your point was they shouldn't be counted because they barely played last season. Pretty sure I have seen you argue this before anyway. If not apologies. If so, I think your argument is severely flawed because them being discarded by Pardew evidently made us a far worse side. Facts remains we have seen 7 players leave, including arguably our two best wingers, our best left back, our best centre back and two versatile squad members in Jonas and Raylor. If we had not sold Yanga-Mbiwa and Santon for peanuts and let Ben Arfa and to a lesser extent Sammy leave for free we perhaps wouldn't need at least five or six purples just to stand still and could have concentrated on "just" getting a new number nine and a starting centre back in alongside a few additions for the development team. The season starts in 4 weeks time and you'd have to be incredibly naive imo to believe that we will go into this season with a stronger squad than the one we had this time last season.

Well they shouldn't be counted IF the question is which players do we need to replace to be on par with last season, that's all.  Nowt flawed about that.

Obviously them not being here made us worse last season and they should have been replaced back then (or better yet not been thrown away to begin with) and certainly should now, so we can try to avoid the same shit again.  I was only making a point relivent to the question that was asked.

Mitrovic, Winegum, Thauvin and Matip. I'll be astonished by more than this.

And Willems please  :drool: :lol:    (No, we haven't been linked with him lately)

Id be astonished IF we signed those, not gonna happen...

Thauvin doesn't seem likely now but someone like him should be targeted

Think we have probably sounded out Townsend and Downing. Hopefully we won't sign either of those.

Thauvin doesn't seem likely now but someone like him should be targeted

Think we have probably sounded out Townsend and Downing. Hopefully we won't sign either of those.

No way we are interested in signing Downing.

Mitrovic, Winegum, Thauvin and Matip. I'll be astonished by more than this.

Think it depends what they assess from our current squad. I think McClaren's quotes about the next three windows being important means the 6 or 7 we need are going to be spread out.

Those four seems to be priority.. with another CM or Striker being the fifth.

Really think Mitrovic would be a bad signing for us. A potential mercenary.

Good job he'd be the only one then, can't have a squad full of those..... oh wait.

Think that's a bit harsh, they had no propper coaching for the last few years, who would give a shit.

Really think Mitrovic would be a bad signing for us. A potential mercenary.

Good job he'd be the only one then, can't have a squad full of those..... oh wait.

Think that's a bit harsh, they had no propper coaching for the last few years, who would give a s***.

They are only here because of the money, i don't really care but i don't see what makes Mitrovic so disgusting compared to the rest of them.