NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mourinho should just start him instead.

Nah he's not good enough, but in any case they will buy someone better.

Of course he's good enough. Eto'o and Torres have been caretakers, not relied upon to carry the attack. Lukaku could at least do the same and provide a more physical presence. In addition to being younger and having far more upside.

There's still uncertainty to him that I doubt Mourinho has time for - hence why he sticks to Eto'o so much - he knows what he's good for and all that.

If our attack was spearheaded by Lukaku - sooo many of our general problems are addressed from a physicality, pace, overall general play, etc. standpoint. We're about 2 places better as a team with someone like him in our squad.

0 chance we'd buy him imo, but would be awesome if Mou threw that one our way; out of the kindness of his cold heart.

I can see them loaning him out for one more season. After the success of Remy, Ashley can see the benefit of paying the fee for a quality loan. Remy is the difference between us being where West Ham and all that crap are. I get the feeling Pards is going to stick with this 4-4-2 hes had success with this season.

It'll be f***ing ridiculous if Lukaku gets loaned out yet again, sick of Chelsea milking that system so much to their advantage.

they have more than 20 players out on loan, it's ridiculous, lukaku may go out on loan next season, courtois has been on loan at atletico for 3 seasons now, Loaning all these players out is 1 clever way of getting around the homegrown rule which lukaku will be classed as of next season despite playing only 10 games at chelsea.

It'll be f***ing ridiculous if Lukaku gets loaned out yet again, sick of Chelsea milking that system so much to their advantage.

they have more than 20 players out on loan, it's ridiculous, lukaku may go out on loan next season, courtois has been on loan at atletico for 3 seasons now, Loaning all these players out is 1 clever way of getting around the homegrown rule which lukaku will be classed as of next season despite playing only 10 games at chelsea.

It's obscene. 27 players on loan, including three to separate Prem clubs and no less than five different Championship clubs have Chelsea players playing for them.

Around ten seems to be the norm for mos clubs - Liverpool have 14 and it looks like they might be the next-most.

I don't agree with abolishing the loan system, cos it does have benefits, but they need to change summat to prevent Chelsea doing that like. 27 players out on loan is fucking mad, that's like our entire first team squad and then some ffs. :lol:

I would outlaw loans to teams in the same league, and I would limit them to one season at each club as well.

the worst example recently even though they are not in the premier league is Charlton athletic, sack powell, get a new owner is who belgian, hire the manager from standard liege and get 5 or 6 players from standard liege on loan.  :lol:

I don't agree with abolishing the loan system, cos it does have benefits, but they need to change summat to prevent Chelsea doing that like. 27 players out on loan is fucking mad, that's like our entire first team squad and then some ffs. :lol:

They could probably put together a competitive PL squad based entirely on the players they have out on loan.

I would outlaw loans to teams in the same league, and I would limit them to one season at each club as well.

the worst example recently even though they are not in the premier league is Charlton athletic, sack powell, get a new owner is who belgian, hire the manager from standard liege and get 5 or 6 players from standard liege on loan.  :lol:

thought the football league put rules in place to stop that after Watford last year?

thought the football league put rules in place to stop that after Watford last year?

I think all they have done is that a club cannot have 4 players under 23 on loan and 4 players over 23 on loan ( 2 season long loans maximum )

The rules although tightened do seem easy to manipulate like what Charlton are doing.

We should go all out to make sure Lukaku and Remy are fronting our attack next season. We'll make a half-arsed attempt to secure Remy permanently but someone will come in with better terms, and we'll make a loan move for Lukaku but someone else will come in wanting him on a permanent transfer.

Lukaku would solve a lot of problems. He has a good record in this league and a physical presence. Luuk de Jong might compliment Remy well in time but he doesn't look much of a goal threat and Lukaku would offer what de Jong can do as well as adding goals into the equation.

Next season is going to be vital in terms of spending/ recruiting players, I cannot see us getting Remy or lukaku for that matter but de jong might stay, in  midfield, i don't have a clue who we are getting,i mean marveaux, Jonas obertan and ben arfa could all leave meaning no wingers unless ferguson gets put into the team or sissoko is now our right midfielder which means we need to buy 2 centre midfielders as well including more importantly a cabaye replacement. The defence needs work as well, 2 right backs might be needed if debuchy goes and we might need a centre half if colo goes.

The simple fact is if ashley does not spend we are in trouble, end of but its all about profit.  :frantic:

Mourinho should just start him instead.

Nah he's not good enough, but in any case they will buy someone better.

Of course he's good enough. Eto'o and Torres have been caretakers, not relied upon to carry the attack. Lukaku could at least do the same and provide a more physical presence. In addition to being younger and having far more upside.

Hold on where did i say Torres and Eto'o in their current state's are good enough? They are not and Lukaku isn't either.

There's a huge difference between scoring goals for a team chasing Europe and a team who is chasing the league and looking to get to the final 4 of CL.

He's not good enough in the same way Ba wasn't good enough for them but was for us when we were chasing Europe.

Next season is going to be vital in terms of spending/ recruiting players, I cannot see us getting Remy or lukaku for that matter but de jong might stay, in  midfield, i don't have a clue who we are getting,i mean marveaux, Jonas obertan and ben arfa could all leave meaning no wingers unless ferguson gets put into the team or sissoko is now our right midfielder which means we need to buy 2 centre midfielders as well including more importantly a cabaye replacement. The defence needs work as well, 2 right backs might be needed if debuchy goes and we might need a centre half if colo goes.

The simple fact is if ashley does not spend we are in trouble, end of but its all about profit.  :frantic:

If it's all about profit, the last thing Ashley wants is to see us in relegation trouble.

If it's all about profit, the last thing Ashley wants is to see us in relegation trouble.

I'm hoping he has learned his lesson and invests money into the team this summer because yes ashley did spend money on players in January last season but it could have gone pear-shaped and we would be in the championship because of a lack of spending in the previous summer.                    we do not how much he will spend but it needs to be done and done wisely.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2588725/Lukaku-sale-summer-Chelsea-consider-offloading-Tottenham-target.html

Lukaku for sale this summer as Chelsea consider offloading the Tottenham target

By David Kent

PUBLISHED: 09:59, 25 March 2014 | UPDATED: 15:10, 25 March 2014

Chelsea will consider selling Romelu Lukaku in the summer as Jose Mourinho looks to shake up his forward line.

The Belgium striker, who is currently on loan at Everton, is unsure of whether he has a long-term future at Stamford Bridge.

And it is understood Mourinho will listen to offers for Lukaku, but will want to recoup all the £17million Chelsea paid for him three years ago.

Lukaku is interesting Tottenham, but with the make-up of next season's management team still unclear, a definitive decision on the 20-year-old will not be made until the summer.

The striker's representatives are already understood to be weighing up their options ahead of a potential move for next season.

Despite the club's obvious lack of firepower, Mourinho still took the decision to sanction a second consecutive season-long loan for Lukaku in the summer.

And while the club have kept close tabs on his performances, doubts remains over his long-term future at Stamford Bridge.

Lukaku could be part of an intended summer striker shake-up at Chelsea; with the futures of Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto'o and Demba Ba all in question.

Mourinho will sign at least one big name striker this summer; with Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa and Bayern Munich centre forward Mario Mandzukic both targets.

I wouldn't waste £8m on de Jong if we need to find £17m for Lukaku!

Not a clue why Chelsea would want to sell Lukaku. Jose must know something we don't.

That he's not the best striker around? We all know that, he's worth more to a smaller team than he is to Chelsea. He just doesn't have that ability on the ball to fit into a very good CL side.

Not a clue why Chelsea would want to sell Lukaku. Jose must know something we don't.

He'll sell him for a profit, Lukaku will go gangbusters for someone else, and Chelsea will throw money at that team to get him back.

That he's not the best striker around? We all know that, he's worth more to a smaller team than he is to Chelsea. He just doesn't have that ability on the ball to fit into a very good CL side.

He's also just 20 years old.

He'd score shit-loads for Chelsea and is still very young. It's ridiculous how these teams have to have strikers who've been cherry-picked from the scoring charts for tens of millions of pounds, instead of the young ones who've developed. Young players are fucking stupid to join the likes of them when they know they're just gonna throw bucketliads at another Torres/Eto'o/Negredo/whoever.