NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6 £3m players

http://i.imgur.com/iri2I1J.gif

I dont care how much we spend on players, Cabaye was only 4.5 million. As long as we bring in quality and fill the positions that need filling.

Quality generally costs money and lots more than 3m in todays market. Cabaye appears to have been the exception rather than the rule and it's not like we held on to him anyway. We'll get in players much closer in (dis)ability Obertan than Yohan at 3m. I don't think it's realistic to expect deals like that regularly.

6 £3m players

http://i.imgur.com/iri2I1J.gif

I dont care how much we spend on players, Cabaye was only 4.5 million. As long as we bring in quality and fill the positions that need filling.

Quality generally costs money and lots more than 3m in todays market. Cabaye appears to have been the exception rather than the rule and it's not like we held on to him anyway. We'll get in players much closer in (dis)ability Obertan than Yohan at 3m. I don't think it's realistic to expect deals like that regularly.

Cabaye had a clause in his contract! Would never have cost as little as he did because of this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-transfer-news-sadio-mane-3275913?

Tottenham ready to battle it out with Premier League rivals for Red Bull Salzburg winger Sadio Mane

Mar 23, 2014 22:30

By Alan Nixon

The Senegalese has attracted the interest of Chelsea, Manchester City and Newcastle but Spurs boss Tim Sherwood has already sent scouts to check on him

Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood wants 21-year-old Senegal sensation Sadio Mane to be one of his first big-money buys.

Sherwood has twice sent new chief scout Ian Broomfield to watch Red Bull Salzburg’s £10million-rated left-winger in action.

A star of the Austrian club’s successful season, Mane (left) fits the bill at Spurs where Sherwood wants a left-sided attacker with pace.

Salzburg will sell at the right price and are heading for an auction as Chelsea, Manchester City and Newcastle are all tracking him too.

However, Sherwood – hoping for the nod to buy from supremo Daniel Levy – heads the hunt.

Mane’s advisors know he would have a better chance of starting regularly at White Hart Lane than City and Chelsea where he would be in a queue for a game.

Guest reefatoon

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-transfer-news-sadio-mane-3275913?

Tottenham ready to battle it out with Premier League rivals for Red Bull Salzburg winger Sadio Mane

Mar 23, 2014 22:30

By Alan Nixon

The Senegalese has attracted the interest of Chelsea, Manchester City and Newcastle but Spurs boss Tim Sherwood has already sent scouts to check on him

Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood wants 21-year-old Senegal sensation Sadio Mane to be one of his first big-money buys.

Sherwood has twice sent new chief scout Ian Broomfield to watch Red Bull Salzburg’s £10million-rated left-winger in action.

A star of the Austrian club’s successful season, Mane (left) fits the bill at Spurs where Sherwood wants a left-sided attacker with pace.

Salzburg will sell at the right price and are heading for an auction as Chelsea, Manchester City and Newcastle are all tracking him too.

However, Sherwood – hoping for the nod to buy from supremo Daniel Levy – heads the hunt.

Mane’s advisors know he would have a better chance of starting regularly at White Hart Lane than City and Chelsea where he would be in a queue for a game.

A winger??  What's one of those?

Kalou available for free in the summer, would anyone want him here? Always thought he was a good finisher and he's scored goals in France and was pretty good infront of goal for Chelsea.

I reckon we might look at him but he's the type to end up in Turkey or Russia for megabucks and play crap.

Says he turned down the chance of a loan move to Arsenal in January: -

REVEALED: Salomon Kalou turned down January move to Arsenal

FORMER Chelsea star Salomon Kalou has revealed that Arsenal tried to sign him in January before turning to the crocked Kim Kallstrom.

By: Anthony Chapman

Published: Sun, March 23, 2014

The versatile forward claims the Gunners wanted to take him on loan near the end of the transfer window, but he rejected the chance to return to England in order to help current club Lille reach next season's Champions League.

Kalou told L'Equipe: "A possible departure? Yes, to Arsenal.

"It could have been done as a last-minute loan.

"But I wanted to finish third, prepare for the World Cup and go to the Stade de France to compete in the final of the Coupe de France."

Kalou has become a key player at the club which introduced Chelsea star Eden Hazard to the world stage.

He is also expected to play a major part for the Ivory Coast at this summer's World Cup in Brazil alongside stars including Manchester City's Yaya Toure and Chelsea legend Didier Drogba.

I'd have my doubts about him. I'd rather we got players on their way up who would see us as an improvement on their current/previous clubs.

'kin hell we're signing the new Drogba too and for peanuts. Man, what a coup.

Should get the new Yaya (Jeff Louis - Nancy) and Basile Boli (Willy Boly - Auxerre) while we're in Ligue 2.