NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hope to God we don't come full circle and end up with loads of over-paid English players on our books that we can't get rid of for the entirety of their bloated contract.

Hopefully, if we are going down this route of buying English players, we'll stick with the younger player policy to possibly avoid that.

It'll be long deals agogo though, can't risk the mild possibility of them leaving 1 yr left on their deal at any point.

At least we've got another 6 years of Dummett.

Can see it happening. The mercenary way we operate isn't that much different and it's how pardew wants it I'm sure given the choice. Carlton cole and Darren bent with someone like cattermole in the middle and James Tompkins and Williamson at the back giving us height in the box.

I've just been sick in my mouth.

It's almost inevitable Jonas will be back from freshly relegated Norwich with a 'like a new signing' tag.

Nah, we've got to give him an improved deal if he plays x number of games. Only reason he was binned off in the first place.

Reckon we haven't learned at all.

"Can I give Shola another year deal?"

"No you fucking idiot, here's Cabella, Grenier and we're working on Remy"

*6 months later*

"I hate Cabella he's rubbish can I get Shola back?"

If we are to go English then Sinclair, Ince, will Hughes, Townsend, huddlestone, Rodwell, shelvey, Zaha, berainho, Richards, Caulker, Butland, Wellbeck, Lescott, even Barry & Colback would be on my list to build a squad as well as a first team.

the only ones won't be too pricey for us are probably sinclair, ince, richards, butland, lescott, barry & colback and i'd not take half of them

Cabella, Grenier and payet would go along way to sorting the midfield.

Be happy with Berainho, Lassoga and Gomis. Although that's a lot of pace and power but not so much skill and trickery, the above midfielder can see to that.

Likelihood of getting 6 players in of that level though? Can't see it.

what's the likelihood of us getting 6 players of any fucking level? :lol:

Slim but the maths don't lie, we need at LEAST 6 players given the likely/certain departures.  IMO 6 is the minimum just to stay where we are unless of course we do something stupid like actually invest in decent players, in which case (Pardew aside for a minute) we should actually improve.

It won't happen though and we will get 2 or 3 at most and finish between 14 and 20th next season with Pardew blaming the long haul flights to NZ as the main reason.

They're probably not going for Grenier and Cabella is the simplest explanation.  When they're looking at the players in and players out I can see them analysing it on the number of appearances or minutes played.  Obertan hasn't played much so wouldn't need to be replaced whereas Cabaye was a first teamer with many appearances so they'd need to get someone in to fill that void.  Good chance we'll see many outgoings and only a few incoming as they streamline our operations.

Just offer the 8.5M and call it a fucking day.  Gomis or

-----NewCF------

Payet-----Cabella

-----Grenier-----

-Sissoko-Anita--

:)

Pardew as manager, :anguish:.

Have you lost your mind, man? Get a load of dem forrins!