NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wouldn't be unhappy with Richards, always rated him. His shortfalls have been mentioned and its definitely a concern in terms of his fitness and having the top 4 team reject blues.. but Debuchy can also be as much of a liability defensively imo.

Are there better options.. probably. But I would be pretty happy to get him in here.

Oh my god.

Santon at Right Back.

Pass the razor blade.

You people. You rightly criticise Pardew for not playing players in their best/preferred position then advocate playing Santon there, who 1. prefers playing at left back and 2. Hasn't shown anything at all in that position.

The only reason that I can see for playing him there is that he's right footed.

Well yeah.

Well yeah? He's not a right back.

Steve Howey wasn't a defender but that's where Keegan played him. IMO Santon is wasted at left back because he won't get behind the defence and cuts inside every time, which makes the defenders job easy, and the crosses mostly useless. Compare that with Debuchy or Raylor's delivery when they play as full back. Santon has played RB before in Italy and could easily do it again if he was given a run at it IMO. A full back is a full back, if anything, being on his natural side should bring out much more in his game.

He cut inside to his weaker foot every time when being played on the right. :dontknow:

Moving him to right wouldn't fix anything. He's a LB who had a tough ending to the season, hope he does better next season.

Agreed.. thought RB would be more natural for Santon but he managed only to look worse when he played there. That said given an extended run and time to settle there.. maybe he would look better  ???  Not likely the ideal situation by any stretch of the imagination.

Agreed.. thought RB would be more natural for Santon but he managed only to look worse when he played there. That said given an extended run and time to settle there.. maybe he would look better  ??? Not likely the ideal situation by any stretch of the imagination.

I think that would help. A bit harsh to judge him on a couple of appearances when he's just been asked to switch wings. When he plays on the left, we lose 50% of our threat  down that side because he's not capable of overlapping or going outside. He should either be a right back or nothing IMO.

Richards is a poor technical player but he gets away with it due to his size/pace. Be worth a punt IMO

I saw Richards in town not so long back. He's a lot smaller than he looks on TV. 5'10" max.

Good player, though. I'd love him to be our RB.

I agree. Fret at corners and set penises too.

Richards is a poor technical player but he gets away with it due to his size/pace. Be worth a punt IMO

I saw Richards in town not so long back. He's a lot smaller than he looks on TV. 5'10" max.

Good player, though. I'd love him to be our RB.

Camera adds ten pounds I believe.

Guest Roger Kint

I wouldn't take Richards at all with his current fitness record, unless we have absolute confidence he can play a full season. Sick of taking risks on injury prone players.

Loan with a view to pay £5m or whatever like the Barry to Everton deal

I wouldn't take Richards at all with his current fitness record, unless we have absolute confidence he can play a full season. Sick of taking risks on injury prone players.

Loan with a view to pay £5m or whatever like the Barry to Everton deal

Would make the most sense to be fair.

Sounds too sensible of an approach for us to take though.

6million + 75k a week 6 year contract more likely  :lol:

Agreed.. thought RB would be more natural for Santon but he managed only to look worse when he played there. That said given an extended run and time to settle there.. maybe he would look better  ???  Not likely the ideal situation by any stretch of the imagination.

Cause his normal cutting inside that nobody on earth is interested in as it is completely valueless 99% of the time is not poss on the right side. :lol:

Guest palnese

Only one year left on his deal, right?

Somehow I doubt City will let him go out on loan.

Come on Ian, it'd make a nice change for us to have an injury prone, thick as mince defender on the books.

google can't be arsed

It 'been a goal of Naples , but in the last hour there was a raid of Newcastle . We're talking about Darly Janmaat , left outer class 1989 Feyenoord . The British had already sounded out several weeks ago, now they're decision to go with the last phase of the negotiations. Close agreement.