NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we bought him it would be 15m wasted on yet another pile of shit who couldn't hit a barn door ala Rivière

Let's be honest if the people we buy were genuinely any good or decent players better teams would be in for them

We only buy average cheap shit now

Silly attitude to take "If he was any good someone else would have got him".  If that were true we'd never have had any good players over recent years and neither would anyone else in the league outside of Chelsea, ManU, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Silly attitude to take "If he was any good someone else would have got him".  If that were true we'd never have had any good players over recent years and neither would anyone else in the league outside of Chelsea, ManU, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool.

None of the teams outside of them can keep any decent players. Hardly a stupid attitude at all these teams are maybe unsure about these players so they go to one of the shite teams in the league they turn out to be decent so the big boys then say fuck you we will have him. Ad infinitum

When is the last time we bought a player everyone thought WOW what a cracking signing we've done well to get him

None of the teams outside of them can keep any decent players. Hardly a stupid attitude at all these teams are maybe unsure about these players so they go to one of the shite teams in the league they turn out to be decent so the big boys then say fuck you we will have him. Ad infinitum

When is the last time we bought a player everyone thought WOW what a cracking signing we've done well to get him

That's extremely frustrating and its everywhere in modern Football now.  But not being able to keep good players isn't the same as not bothering to buy them in the first place under the assumption they must be shit if they're available to us.  Like you just said good players do slip under the noses of the very top sides quite often for various reasons.

We've certainly had some very good players over the last few years and yes they've all gone (or been alienated by our manager), as to our newest bunch its far too early to right them off.  I do agree that buying a good striker tomorrow wouldn't really excite me, mostly because I think I'd just see it as another chance for Pardew to save his skin.  If he can't manage to win a game with what we already have he doesn't deserve yet another player thrown into his never ending abyss.

For the long term good, you should hope we fail to get anyone in before the window shuts

This.

I hope we get nobody and that it leads to Pardew's dismissal. Well, Pardew being shit will lead to Pardew's dismissal but you know what I mean. It'll stop him having enough to paper over the cracks for yet another season.