NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

17 years old, we're even bringing in French players for the youth sides now :lol:

Wasn't there something recently (Kinnear in the programme springs to mind) where we said we wouldn't be buying foreign youngsters any more?

Edit: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/joe-kinnear-lifts-lid-fresh-6405784

We only make very rare exceptions to bring in a foreign player at Under-17 and Under-18 level so that we give our best local talent the maximum possible opportunity to progress through our structured system.

So this would be a very rare exception. Five days into the first applicable transfer window.

Becoming a right misery guts, similar to this time last year. :lol: Not that excited by even the prospect of new signings. Pardew can barely manage a first XI, let alone make good use of a fuller squad.

I note that .com's post-match report seem to lay the blame of yesterday's defeat at the feet of there being little decent options beyond the first XI - suffice to say, I strongly disagree.

We desperately need more creativity. Without Cabaye there's only Ben Arfa and our players just watch him twirl. Marveaux could do it but he's obviously out of favour. Cabaye has missed City, West Ham, Southampton and 70 minutes of Fulham, resulting in 1 goal for us from those games (ironically from a long willi set piece). Assistance needed.

Pardew seems to have come to terms that Shola will be gone soon, but he has a target man fetish that we seem incapable of satisfying. So Shola is that man until we agree to pay Gomis an extra pound everytime he farts or whatever nonsense held up that deal in the summer

Becoming a right misery guts, similar to this time last year. :lol: Not that excited by even the prospect of new signings. Pardew can barely manage a first XI, let alone make good use of a fuller squad.

I note that .com's post-match report seem to lay the blame of yesterday's defeat at the feet of there being little decent options beyond the first XI - suffice to say, I strongly disagree.

If he's blaming the lack of squad depth on saturdays defeat then yeh I would disagree also.

If he's making that as a general statement though I'd probably agree with him.

Pardew seems to have come to terms that Shola will be gone soon, but he has a target man fetish that we seem incapable of satisfying. So Shola is that man until we agree to pay Gomis an extra pound everytime he farts or whatever nonsense held up that deal in the summer

He has a bean fetish, even Real couldn't afford that add-on

So even .com is falling for the dampening of expectations now?!? There was enough quality on that pitch, allbeit not correctly implemented, to see off Cardiff any day of the week.

Wouldn't say there expectation are decreasing. Their match report on the Albion game pretty much says we should go all out for the FA cup. However Niall Mackenzie wrote that report.

So even .com is falling for the dampening of expectations now?!? There was enough quality on that pitch, allbeit not correctly implemented, to see off Cardiff any day of the week.

Wouldn't say there expectation are decreasing. Their match report on the Albion game pretty much says we should go all out for the FA cup. However Niall Mackenzie wrote that report.

I hadn't read it just going off what was said.

I don't get why people don't think Cabaye would be 'suitable' for Man United. He'd walk into their strongest first team and improve them no end, exactly what they need.

I really hope when he goes it's abroad, if only for the sickening fawning over him and how good a spot he was if he went to liverpool or man u etc etc

When I say not suitable I'm referring to where Man Utd want to go long term... Short term he'd be an improvement but only a small one... I think what holds Cabaye back in this league a little is his stamina... Regularly seems on his knees come the 70min mark

Funny to read there's been a "yellow ticker" on SSN saying there's exciting news to come from Newcastle, and the next thing you get is "Ashley may alllow up to four new signings".

Just goes to show what has become of this club under this regime  :suicide:

Lee Ryder (@lee_ryder) tweeted at 2:00 pm on Mon, Jan 06, 2014:

Laurent Nicollin on #nufc Cabella bid: "As for Newcastle it would seem on the point of making one, but I expect confirmation" #Montpellier

wat

@GFN_France: Montpellier HSC officials admit that 'Newcastle seem to be on the verge of making an offer for Remi Cabella.'

Also been reading:

The 2012 French champions are on the cusp of bringing in Argentine starlet Lucas Mugni from crisis club Colón de Santa Fe and it could signal the green light for the Magpies' Cabella move.

Who is this Cabella kid? Should I be excited at the prospect of being on the verge of making a derisory bid?

Very good player from what I've seen of him. Good on the ball and likes to create. Maybe a little bit like that little shit at OM.... Valuebena or whatever.