NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

No current threat of relegation = No signings.

Ah but you need signing just to stay still, if we don't make any we will slip back into the dark realms of the league.  :laugh:

Aye we have 4 strikers but one doesn't belong to us, one is not firing and one is Shola.

I understand why people are cynical about signings (we will look for bargain deals as usual) but surely our planning has to go beyond "we're not going down".

Otherwise we wouldn't have been able to suddenly bring those signings forward when we needed them last time. We must've already had them lined up.

Ashley only looks at Newcastle as a business and is under no pressure at all to make any signings.

We are 8th in the league

The current first team squad has 3 Gk, 10 Def, 10 Mid, 4 Att.

We don't need to pay a premium for players now when we can get our targets cheaper in the summer.

50000 fans still turn up every week to support a team with no hope or ambition of winning anything.

The present Newcastle manager is a doormat and will do anything the Chairman or DOF tells him.

Concise. True.

it is but for some reason this post has tipped the scales with me, i'm so f***ing sick of hearing this particular tale of woe

Agreed, but that's what the truth does sometimes. Time is rapidly running out for people of my generation to see us win something, it already has for the person whose funeral i will be attending tomorrow afternoon. Forgive me for being a bit of an old cynic.

It's actually more when it's used to justify how bad Pardew is that it really gets me. You're right like, I've hopefully got 20 years left in me and am resigned to the best being no more relegations :lol:

Ashley only looks at Newcastle as a business and is under no pressure at all to make any signings.

We are 8th in the league

We don't need to pay a premium for players now when we can get our targets cheaper in the summer.

50000 fans still turn up every week to support a team with no hope or ambition of winning anything.

The present Newcastle manager is a doormat and will do anything the Chairman or DOF tells him.

Concise. True.

it is but for some reason this post has tipped the scales with me, i'm so f***ing sick of hearing this particular tale of woe

Agreed, but that's what the truth does sometimes. Time is rapidly running out for people of my generation to see us win something, it already has for the person whose funeral i will be attending tomorrow afternoon. Forgive me for being a bit of an old cynic.

It's actually more when it's used to justify how bad Pardew is that it really gets me. You're right like, I've hopefully got 20 years left in me and am resigned to the best being no more relegations :lol:

I'd take 20 now if it was offered!!!!!

We are 8th in the league

Concise. True.

it is but for some reason this post has tipped the scales with me, i'm so fucking sick of hearing this particular tale of woe

Well we will see this window if Ashley builds on what he's got or does what we all suspect, as little as possible, and that may even see a few fringe players leave or a first teamer sold for daft money.

Aye we have 4 strikers but one doesn't belong to us, one is not firing and one is Shola.

I understand why people are cynical about signings (we will look for bargain deals as usual) but surely our planning has to go beyond "we're not going down".

Otherwise we wouldn't have been able to suddenly bring those signings forward when we needed them last time. We must've already had them lined up.

We could sign players whenever we want and without any degree of difficulty, Kinnear or not. Ashley simply chooses not to if he feels it's not vital. The spending spree in Jan was done in a crack, strange how we never heard of any 'bid being prepared' or 'targets being assessed' when the threat of relegation was in Ashley's radar. The players were recruited almost instantly then.

I still say that had we not been struggling last season we would not have brought any players in come January, excluding maybe Debuchy. I'm even dubious as to wether we'd have chased up our interest in Sissoko and MYM the following summer like Pardew says we would. If he can prevent any expenditure on players, Ashley will.

Telegraph and the Mirror going with Cabaye could buy out his contract for as little as £6million this summer, under the Webster ruling in order to get a move. I sense some muck raking, if I'm honest.

Was discussed at length the other day in the Cabaye thread. Let's just say it's incredibly unlikely to happen.

Telegraph and the Mirror going with Cabaye could buy out his contract for as little as £6million this summer, under the Webster ruling in order to get a move. I sense some muck raking, if I'm honest.

He could.... as could any other player around the world in a similar situation.

They don't though.... why? because players care more about money than they do furthering their career.

Newcastle monitor French midfielder - but are in no rush to do January business

NEWCASTLE UNITED are pondering a move for French midfielder Gueida Fofana, but there is a reluctance to make major investments this month with the club sitting in the top half of the Premier League.

Twelve months ago, Mike Ashley shelled out more than £16m to sign five players in an attempt to arrest Newcastle’s slide towards the relegation zone.

The ploy worked as the Magpies hauled themselves clear of danger in the second half of the season, but with the league table making rather better viewing this time around, there is much greater reticence about entering the January market again.

Ashley, Joe Kinnear and Alan Pardew met to discuss transfer business this week, with Graham Carr and Lee Charnley also having an input into the talks, and a number of issues were debated.

On the one hand, there is an acceptance that with overseas players needing time to acclimatise to the Premier League, there is an argument for signing them in January in order to ensure they are up to speed for the start of the following season.

However, with January signings often coming at a premium because most clubs are reluctant sellers halfway through a campaign, Ashley is not believed to be keen to make major additions in the turn-of-year window unless the situation demands it.

With relegation seemingly not an issue this season, it would therefore be a surprise if the Magpies owner was to sanction a significant cash outlay this month.

If he does, it will almost certainly be because he feels he is securing a bargain from overseas, and Fofana could yet fall into that category if Lyon were to reduce their valuation of the 22-year-old.

Primarily a defensive midfielder, but also capable of playing in a number of other roles, Carr’s scouting team have watched Fofana on a number of occasions this season, with sources claiming they have been impressed by what they have seen.

The physically-imposing youngster started his career with Le Havre before joining Lyon in 2011, and has won two caps for France’s under-21 team. He has also been linked with Marseille and Stuttgart, and Newcastle are aware of his refusal to sign a new deal with Lyon despite the Ligue 1 club attempting to initiate talks towards the end of last year.

Newcastle, who have also been watching Sochaux striker Cedric Bakambu and Werder Bremen midfielder Aaron Hunt, harbour a long-standing interest in unsettled West Brom striker Shane Long, although a move for the Irishman is again unlikely this month.

Hull are close to completing a £5m deal for Long, and while Pardew has long been an admirer of the 26-year-old, it would be a major surprise if the Magpies were to attempt to gazump their Premier League rivals.

Meanwhile, Newcastle youngster Conor Newton has extended his loan deal with Scottish Premier League side St Mirren until the end of the season. The 22-year-old midfielder has made 22 appearances for the Buddies this term, scoring three goals.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10927526.Newcastle_monitor_French_midfielder___but_are_in_no_rush_to_do_January_business/

Guest Roger Kint

Love how dispite Steve Bruce, the Hull chairman, Shane Long and Shanes wife all saying its not going to happen and theres no bid the papers refuse to drop it.