NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't see the club sanctioning a move for a left back when we have two on our books.

We'll wait on Jetro and grab him in the summer.

I'd put money on Willems being our only summer signing, with this January being lile the Sissoko/Debuchy window.

Guest Roger Kint

I can't see the club sanctioning a move for a left back when we have two on our books.

I'd put money on Willems being our only summer signing, with this January being lile the Sissoko/Debuchy window.

Williamson, Obertan, Marveaux, Bigi, Ferguson and probably Sissoko, Thauvin & Cisse heading out we will definitely be padding the squad out more than just a LB. Hopefully Taylor too with a huge upgrade coming in.

Will be a pretty big clear out in the summer, so just hope we are still in the same league when we finally get the chance to replace a load of crap with some half decent players.

IMO, if we are not confident in Aarons and Thauvin cannot be relied on, we really need to get some width and balance down the left - to me that is a priority over a striker of CB.

I'd take that, assuming we get Berahino and Townsend we'd only be a centre back short imo.

I'd take that, assuming we get Berahino and Townsend we'd only be a centre back short imo.

Williamson and Taylor should both leave this summer though so I'd imagine they'll splash on another "Colo successor" myself and go with Mbemba, Colo, New guy and Lascelles/Dummett for next season.

If we are serious about getting Berahino in we need to do it before we buy Townsend, because if its a cash deal for Townsend, Spurs may then have enough cash to outbid us on Berahino.

Just like they don't have enough cash to buy Berahino without selling Townsend  :lol:

Can Berahinho play deep/wide, say in the current role Perez is playing but perhaps a bit wider and more advanced? I wonder if it's Townsend or Berahinho for that spot if so.

Aye seen him play on the wing a lot, probably explains the interest. Considering the players we have I'd much rather buy a pacy forward who can operate in wide areas than a winger personally.

Can Berahinho play deep/wide, say in the current role Perez is playing but perhaps a bit wider and more advanced? I wonder if it's Townsend or Berahinho for that spot if so.

Aye seen him play on the wing a lot, probably explains the interest. Considering the players we have I'd much rather buy a pacy forward who can operate in wide areas than a winger personally.

I'd disagree there tbh.  We already have a load of forwards but we don't have a single proper winger worthy of the name.  I'm thinking someone with pace to burn who can whip in a good cross or beat his man and get to the byline.

Do we?  We have Mitrovic and Perez and Perez is more of an attacking midfielder than score than an actual forward.

Also there's a reason there's not many good wingers left tbh, that style of play is very easy to defend nowadays very few teams in the league have someone who just dribbles to the by line and puts crosses in.

Important to be varied in your approach which is why personally I'd much rather have a versatile forward who is quick and can do multiple things personally. Not that it matters as Townsend has shown nothing to suggest he's that type of winger.

We really need a pacey forward who can play on the last man, when was the last time we had one, Lovenkrands? If Mitrovic gets injured we're also completely fucked.

McClaren needs to bite the bullet and try and get the best out Thauvin. Between him, Aarons and Perez we should be fine down the left.

We really need a pacey forward who can play on the last man, when was the last time we had one, Lovenkrands? If Mitrovic gets injured we're also completely f***ed.

McClaren needs to bite the bullet and try and get the best out Thauvin. Between him, Aarons and Perez we should be fine down the left.

If we could keep Aarons fit, I'd agre, but he can't be relied on, sadly.

Ideally we'd bring in about 12 players tbh, it's what we need. But if it's a choice of a left winger or a pacey striker who's good on the ball I'd go with the striker, he can fill in on the wing if needs be.

Aye, let's hope it isn't one or the other. If townsend is instead of a striker, they're mental, if it's as well as, fair enough.