Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United - 14/09/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Deuce
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Arfa if he starts how he ended the last game will always give us a chance. Throw in Remy and a fit Cabaye and I think we could do ok. But obviously our away form tends to be horrific. Plus the chance Pardew could throw taylor and tiote straight back into the team worries me.

Don't think anyone's overrating Villa, they just know how dogshit we are.

We beat them last year, they only just finished ahead of us last season and the only main changes to their first XI are in their back four. I'd fancy Remy & HBA to cause them problems and create chances to win it.

Don't think anyone's overrating Villa, they just know how dogshit we are.

We beat them last year, they only just finished ahead of us last season and the only main changes to their first XI are in their back four. I'd fancy Remy & HBA to cause them problems and create chances to win it.

We'll find out tomorrow. I expect us to roll over and have our tummies tickled.

I think people are over-rating Villa a lot on here lately tbh. They play a decent style of play, but they're a mid-table side. At the minimum the level we should be aiming for with this set of players. If we play how we should, I think we're better than them.

And there is the flaw in your argument.

You can near guarantee the way they'll play, high tempo, direct but not long and liable be in our faces 100% of the game.

With us, fuck knows.

Play the right team, our best 11, and we can get a result there.

They need to be set up correctly as well with the right mentality, no point playing the best eleven and play extremely deep and don't play in a way which suits the players.

For example wtf was Pardew playing at in playing a 4-4-2 with Shola and passing the ball around ffs? that sort of shit can't happen.

Villa are horribly inconsistent though, they can beat most teams on their day but also have a shocker as shown by their recent results.

This is the first full game this season I'll be able to see live (every match has somehow fallen on a work day for me until now).  I know it won't be easy and we're more likely to lose than win but I still can't fucking wait, I mean Ben Arfa's playing for fuck sake! :dance: