The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

They had a knack of buying young and up coming players who really helped them push for European places. Tielemans, Ndidi, Pereira, Maddison, even Ayoze

And then last summer they allowed their inspirational captain to go and didn't buy a keeper. And I think their only summer signing was Faes who has looked dreadful nearly every game I've seen him

Really strange

what happened to that player they signed when they made the champions league,scored like two goals in there first cl game i think then i remember nowt else.

bloody hell was Islam Slimani,looked good on the night i saw one cl game

Edited by astraguy

4 minutes ago, astraguy said:

what happened to that player they signed when they made the champions league,scored like two goals in there first cl game i think then i remember nowt else

NINTCHDBPICT000402651140.jpg

Slimani?

I wonder if we've ever had a season where five clubs have got interim bosses in to see out the rest of the season. It's barmy atm like; the whole nature of management in this country is changing. 

Like Lampard and Hodgson, Smith is a perfectly 'understandable' appointment because if you want to make a permanent appointment in the twilight of a season, you end up with the likes of Javi Gracia. It makes sense to go temporary and just cross your fingers, ahead of a meaningful appointment in the summer where there's more to choose from. 

That being said, it's gonna be a right clusterfuck with all of them shopping in the same market. Wouldn't be surprised to see some 12 month extensions dished out.

Leicester are a club with a small number of games in which to save themselves from what looks like very possible relegation. Dean Smith, after the covid break, saved a club from what looked like absolutely certain relegation, in fewer games. He has done exactly what they need to do, in the last few years.

I genuinely don't think there are many more sensible but - most importantly - achievable appointments they could have made, especially as it is until the end of the season.

re John Terry. When he came to us, I was gutted, as I hated him as much as the next man, and thought he was just there for the $$$ and didn't give a shit about anything that wasn't Chelsea. Totally wrong on that, he was brilliant for us both on the pitch and as assistant manager.

They're also taking Craig Shakespeare, who is still highly thought of at Leicester from his time there.

I saw that smug fucking prick Barry Glendenning saying what an awful appointment it was.

Who do they think Leicester City, in their current predicament, should have gone for?

Edited by brummie