The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest Howaythetoon

I could see Spurs being massively interested in Rafa if they were to lose Poch as with that squad, he’d deliver success and is someone with integrity and would be a long-term with regards to the future. Liverpool if they lost Klopp would probably look for someone similar, although LFC fans would welcome Rafa back with open arms and would knowing them probably start a campaign.

Steve Evans with some classic PFM quotes this morning about the Leeds job

The current favourite to take over at Leeds is former Argentina and Marseille boss Marcelo Bielsa. However, Evans believes the club should consider managers with more experience in the second tier.

He told Sky Sports News: "They're perhaps going to an Argentinian (Bielsa). I think his reputation in the game on a worldwide basis is phenomenal. But will he know what it's like going to the New York Stadium in Rotherham on a Tuesday night? I'm not so sure.

"But I'm looking at Steve Bruce and Mick McCarthy - English managers with track records of getting out of the Championship - and why are they not knocking on those doors?"

Guest Howaythetoon

Think Rafa’s time at the bigger clubs might be over as a full-time manager. 

The trend is the exciting young manager.

It’s when those don’t work midseason, where 18 month contracts for Rafa I might be scared of. 

I personally think that if Rafa wasn’t attached, he would have been interviewed for the Arsenal job. If Spurs or Liverpool we’re to lose their respective manager’s I think he would be pretty high up on their list too as those clubs want someone who can work a project, who can also at the same time deliver results and maybe even trophies which for Spurs and Liverpool are kind of like an added bonus at the moment in their development or were before their respective managers started to show the reason why they were appointed in the first place.

It’s your smalle clubs that are more likely to look at young and up and coming coaches or former players with no experience.

We all know Rafa is far too good for us, but he’s at a big club which he could develop towards the level Spurs and Liverpool are at quite easily if backed and that’s what he would live to do, but sadly our owner has other ideas.

He will see out the remaining year, keep us up after a modicum of backing and then leave.

What’s quite interesting these days is how the bigger clubs are developing an infrastructure that essentially doesn’t need a ‘manager’ (at least in the traditional sense) to run the club. Those clubs will run on regardless; all that they need is a decent coach. I don’t think we’ll ever see another manager build a legacy akin to say Ferguson again.

Guest Howaythetoon

What’s quite interesting these days is how the bigger clubs are developing an infrastructure that essentially doesn’t need a ‘manager’ (at least in the traditional sense) to run the club. Those clubs will run on regardless; all that they need is a decent coach. I don’t think we’ll ever see another manager build a legacy akin to say Ferguson again.

I think the manager is the key, but too many appoint the wrong man and go through a succession of managers. As always the manager is the most important man and getting the right one is key. Its the manager that makes it work and not the system. Just look at Swansea? We will never see the likes of Fergie or Wenger again because it’s too cut throat and more fickle than ever on and off the stands and in the media.

You appoint Rafa and give him full reigns and you get success, you appoint Pardew and tell him to just coach and manage and it falls apart. Do the same with Rafa and you cut your nose off to spite your face.

I don’t mean inexperienced. 

I mean moreso ‘the hot manager’.  The Tuchels.  Conte. Sarri is the same age as Rafa but I reckon he’s more likely to land a top job than Rafa. 

Spurs and Liverpool imo won’t go for him. Arsenal probably should’ve went for him. I don’t class hem as a top team anymore. 

I mean moreso ‘the hot manager’.  The Tuchels.  Conte. Sarri is the same age as Rafa but I reckon he’s more likely to land a top job than Rafa. 

Spurs and Liverpool imo won’t go for him. Arsenal probably should’ve went for him. I don’t class hem as a top team anymore.

:huff:

Yeah that's not an infrastructure, that's throwing enough money at players good enough to play well in spite of shit management. The best managers will always shine, as Rafa is proving with us.

:huff:

What’s your problem?

Guest neesy111

What's so popular about St. Mirren? Guti and now Patrick kluivert have now appiled for the job.

Guest chopey

5 Champions League winners medals between Guti, Kluivert and Paul Lambert who've all been linked

The last bloke was on £70k a year