The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

4 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Don’t get why Poch would go to Villa mind , surely he will get a job at a big club if he just waits .

I think it would be a half decent move for him. They seem to have a fair bit going for them - rich / ambitious owners, some good players, a good academy with some decent young players coming through, ground redevelopments plans. Whatever you think of it, it's in one of the UK's most major cities, and they are historically a big club. It seems like the manager is currently the main thing holding them back (internally), and they should be doing a lot better than they are.

Externally, we are a big snag, because we'll both want similar things, just ours is on a much bigger scale, and more realistic. Villa would probably be hoping to replicate the Leicester of the past few seasons, gatecrash the top 6 if one or two of them underperform, and maybe snatch a cup, but our emergence will make that a lot harder for them as it's another club who will be expected to finish above them season on season, and they'd need to get a lot right for that not to happen, but it is still a good job in the so called best league in the world.

Tough one regarding Carrick and young Bruce. I don't mind Boro, would like to see them back in the top flight at some point, especially as we continue to push on, and as a local lad, I'd like to see him do well. However, if Alex is involved then that will make it tougher to wish them well. That said, I guess Alex has no real direct links with Newcastle, and if you didn't follow social media, and his Twitter outbursts, then I guess he would be largely irrelevant, and at least it's not his father rumoured to be joining them (well yet anyway...)

Gerrard's a strange one. They paid £4m to prise him away from Rangers, so they obviously saw something in him, and he's been there less than a year. His league record, purely results-wise, isn't great by any means, but it's not totally abysmal, P37 W12 D8 L17, so 44 points. They're just a point off Everton and Palace, and 2 off West Ham, and I doubt any of those would be considering a managerial change any time soon, and a win in midweek and they could be in midtable.

I totally get the no identity, throwing players under the bus, and they should be doing better, and from the outside you do feel that a new manger coming in will instantly have them playing and faring better, and that's ultimately what you want, so you couldn't blame the owners, and I suspect he will be gone soon, but at the same time, they did fork out a lot of money for a then 41 year old manager just starting out, and while Villa fans will argue it's far too long, 11 months isn't a massive amount of time to properly put your stamp on things.

It'll be interesting to see what Gerrard does next if he does get the bullet soon.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63284152

Mc Sheffrey Sacked @ Donny. I've been there a few times recently. He was a PFM idiot, all the platitudes and no clue. 

Speaking of league 2, looks like Harrogate have run out of steam, and the chairman needs to decide to sack his son or let him take them down. 

Edited by La Parka

41 minutes ago, La Parka said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63284152

Mc Sheffrey Sacked @ Donny. I've been there a few times recently. He was a PFM idiot, all the platitudes and no clue. 

Speaking of league 2, looks like Harrogate have run out of steam, and the chairman needs to decide to sack his son or let him take them down. 

Doncaster apparently have a squad that should be completing at the top end of League One. Injuries and bad managers have fucked them in recent seasons.

Just now, Stifler said:

Doncaster apparently have a squad that should be completing at the top end of League One. Injuries and bad managers have fucked them in recent seasons.

From what I've seen injuries have been brutal. The football has been so shit though as well. Technically theve got lots of quality. Seems the managers like hoofing it at 5ft 6 strikers instead though. 

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Everton have 1 more point than Villa and are 14th.

Comparatively speaking Lampard's doing a better job. But there's not that much in it.

Gerrard finds himself in a more favourable role, not that I particularly rate either of them.

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

would be interesting one

You’d like to think he’d see out the season at QPR after they gave him the opportunity. Don’t think it does managers reputations any good jumping ship so quick. Bruce, Silva, Koeman etc. Think he’d be wise to try and get QPR promoted.

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You’d like to think he’d see out the season at QPR after they gave him the opportunity. Don’t think it does managers reputations any good jumping ship so quick. Bruce, Silva, Koeman etc. Think he’d be wise to try and get QPR promoted.

This seems like a really random group of managers