The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Aston Villa caretaker boss Steve Clarke is on an initial list of 10 candidates to succeed the sacked Roberto di Matteo as the Championship side's manager.

Clarke, 53, has been in charge at West Brom and Reading and assistant at Chelsea, Liverpool and West Ham.

Ex-Hull City boss Steve Bruce, Sean Dyche of Burnley, Bristol City's Lee Johnson and Huddersfield's David Wagner are among the preferred candidates.

An appointment is not expected this week but interviews are set to start.

Hardly the most inspiring list ever :lol:

http://mobile.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/club-statement-3349558.aspx

FOLLOWING a meeting with the Chairman this morning, and in light of the disappointing performance and result last night, York City manager Jackie McNamara has considered his position going forward.

It has been decided that, if the team fails to gain a positive result at Braintree Town on Saturday, the York City manager will tender his resignation.

The manager will be looking for a passionate and committed reaction from the players after the capitulation at Nethermoor Park on Tuesday evening.

That's just freaking weird :lol:

http://mobile.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/club-statement-3349558.aspx

FOLLOWING a meeting with the Chairman this morning, and in light of the disappointing performance and result last night, York City manager Jackie McNamara has considered his position going forward.

It has been decided that, if the team fails to gain a positive result at Braintree Town on Saturday, the York City manager will tender his resignation.

The manager will be looking for a passionate and committed reaction from the players after the capitulation at Nethermoor Park on Tuesday evening.

The Charnley way of doing things.

Aston Villa caretaker boss Steve Clarke is on an initial list of 10 candidates to succeed the sacked Roberto di Matteo as the Championship side's manager.

Clarke, 53, has been in charge at West Brom and Reading and assistant at Chelsea, Liverpool and West Ham.

Ex-Hull City boss Steve Bruce, Sean Dyche of Burnley, Bristol City's Lee Johnson and Huddersfield's David Wagner are among the preferred candidates.

I dunno Dyche, Johnson and Wagner may be great picks for them. What they don't need to do is promote Clarke, he's a nothing type of guy, who's stolen a living based on a reputation he somehow picked up early on in his career as Guillet's lackey. I'm in two minds on Bruce, I think he's washed up and way past his prime but he has been promoted 4 times in his career and that's what Villa need, he could take them to the playoffs this year and he knows how to win them, if they look short term he could be what they need but if they want to fulfill the ridiculous long term aims of their owner then he absolutely not the right man.

I dunno Dyche, Johnson and Wagner may be great picks for them. What they don't need to do is promote Clarke, he's a nothing type of guy, who's stolen a living based on a reputation he somehow picked up early on in his career as Guillet's lackey. I'm in two minds on Bruce, I think he's washed up and way past his prime but he has been promoted 4 times in his career and that's what Villa need, he could take them to the playoffs this year and he knows how to win them, if they look short term he could be what they need but if they want to fulfill the ridiculous long term aims of their owner then he absolutely not the right man.

Bruce is one of those I see with a shelf life of 18 months to 2 years.  Has an initial impact and would probably get them promoted and stay up the first season.  After that he starts to struggle.  Although at Villa his budget would be bigger than what he has worked with before so that might help him.

What the hell, so if they sneak a 0-0, the 6-1 thrashing to the bottom side who hadn't won a match gets forgotten? :lol:

I think Bruce would sort them out, but it'd take him a month or two an by then promotion may have gone begging.

Wagner; f*** knows.

Haven't they already interviewed most? And nothing has come out that Wagner has been approached