The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest neesy111

Tuchel sacked

Not surprised, think they've been very disappointing this season Dortmund when you look at their squad.

Tuchel sacked

Not surprised, think they've been very disappointing this season Dortmund when you look at their squad.

True, but the guy had a ratio of 2.09 points per game! :-/

Got nothing to do with league position - he has simply fallen out with everyone at the club (even the senior players) - doesn't act in the 'Dortmund Way'

Mediawatch:

Writes Stan Collymore in his Daily Mirror column on Tuesday:

‘I like Jaap Stam and David Wagner, and it’s nice to see some younger, fresher names cutting their teeth as managers.’

You can sense the ‘but’ coming…

‘So I was delighted that their Reading and Huddersfield sides reached the Championship play-off final. In Wagner’s case, I’m certain he’ll be part of a rising trend of clubs appointing men who once assisted the so-called super-managers.’

‘So-called’. Collymore’s disdain really is majestic.

‘But I’d also love to see British managers of a similar age to them given the same chances by clubs in and around the play-off places.’

Erm, Stam and Wagner weren’t appointed by clubs ‘in and around the play-off places’, Stan. They were appointed by clubs in 17th and 18th in the Championship, who had failed under British managers Brian McDermott and Chris Powell. The reason both made the play-offs is at least in part due to the excellence of their managers. Very few clubs in the play-off places appoint new managers, by the very definition of their decent league position.

Still, Collymore is right about British-born managers not getting appointed in the Championship. After all, since Wagner was appointed by Huddersfield only Paul Lambert (twice) Dean Smith, McDermott, Lee Johnson, Neil Warnock (twice), Nigel Pearson, Paul Trollope, Owen Coyle, Alan Stubbs, Garry Monk, Steve Bruce, Steve McClaren, Kenny Jackett, Warren Joyce, Ian Holloway, Paul Warne, Tony Mowbray, Gary Rowett, Graham Barrow, Mark Warburton and Harry Redknapp have been given jobs in that division. Keep fighting the fight for justice.

Mediawatch:

Writes Stan Collymore in his Daily Mirror column on Tuesday:

‘I like Jaap Stam and David Wagner, and it’s nice to see some younger, fresher names cutting their teeth as managers.’

‘So I was delighted that their Reading and Huddersfield sides reached the Championship play-off final. In Wagner’s case, I’m certain he’ll be part of a rising trend of clubs appointing men who once assisted the so-called super-managers.’

‘But I’d also love to see British managers of a similar age to them given the same chances by clubs in and around the play-off places.’

Erm, Stam and Wagner weren’t appointed by clubs ‘in and around the play-off places’, Stan. They were appointed by clubs in 17th and 18th in the Championship, who had failed under British managers Brian McDermott and Chris Powell. The reason both made the play-offs is at least in part due to the excellence of their managers. Very few clubs in the play-off places appoint new managers, by the very definition of their decent league position.

Still, Collymore is right about British-born managers not getting appointed in the Championship. After all, since Wagner was appointed by Huddersfield only Paul Lambert (twice) Dean Smith, McDermott, Lee Johnson, Neil Warnock (twice), Nigel Pearson, Paul Trollope, Owen Coyle, Alan Stubbs, Garry Monk, Steve Bruce, Steve McClaren, Kenny Jackett, Warren Joyce, Ian Holloway, Paul Warne, Tony Mowbray, Gary Rowett, Graham Barrow, Mark Warburton and Harry Redknapp have been given jobs in that division. Keep fighting the fight for justice.

:lol:

Mediawatch:

Writes Stan Collymore in his Daily Mirror column on Tuesday:

Erm, Stam and Wagner weren’t appointed by clubs ‘in and around the play-off places’, Stan. They were appointed by clubs in 17th and 18th in the Championship, who had failed under British managers Brian McDermott and Chris Powell. The reason both made the play-offs is at least in part due to the excellence of their managers. Very few clubs in the play-off places appoint new managers, by the very definition of their decent league position.

:lol:

:lol::lol:

Fantastic news on Wenger, when I'm an old man I want to turn on the TV to see his preserved corpse sitting on their bench in that massive cocoon coat.

Like Weekend At Bernie's  :lol:

Needs to be David Squires'd. :lol: