The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

This season we have lost 10 home league games already. That is more than in any season since we were formed 140 years ago, including the years pre the formation of the league, when we'd just play friendlies and cups.

Not only that, but we have still got two home league games to go, and last year we managed to lose nine, which in itself was abysmal.

fucking jesus :lol: i thought we had it rough at SJP with pardew

I've had enough of Lambert.

Every ounce of positivity from last season has been drained away in an entire season of utter ineptitude. Yesterday was truly horrific.

What is going through a manager's mind when, losing 2-1 at home to Fulham, he makes a sub on 90 minutes, taking off our only creative player on the day, and replacing him with someone at a club two divisions too high. On 90 fucking minutes.

It's like something happened in August, he's had some sort of a stroke-like traumatic head event, and he's been knocked out of kilter.

This season we have lost 10 home league games already. That is more than in any season since we were formed 140 years ago, including the years pre the formation of the league, when we'd just play friendlies and cups.

Not only that, but we have still got two home league games to go, and last year we managed to lose nine, which in itself was abysmal.

My season ticket price works out at about £130 per win over the last four years. Four fucking years.

When we beat Norwich and then Chelsea recently, that was our first two back to back wins at home since 2009.

Remarkable.

Lambert's a classic example of what I said earlier. Absolutely no guarantees with managers.

There was nothing between him and Rodgers two years ago, both had done equally well with unfashionable clubs, finished on the same points total and Norwich actually scored 8 more goals than Rodger's Swansea - and 14 more the previous season in the Championship! Now Lambert's in charge of a turgid and dull Villa side whilst Liverpool are one of the most exciting and ruthless teams to ever play Premier League football.

This is why I don't believe in sticking with a manager out of blind hope, it's too easy to make a mistake that's not necessarily anyone's fault, just a mismatch. You've got to keep rolling the dice if you think you've got the wrong man. Get out early or it can really fuck you.

There was one stand out difference between Lambert and Rodgers two seasons ago and that was their football philosophy. When Liverpool went for Rodgers I said in the Parky thread that it was a smart move and could undo the damage done by Dalglish simply because he played football the right way at Swindon like Martinez before him. These are the type of managers who can make the step up to a top club whereas Lambert's Norwich were very much a direct football team more suited to championship standard football.

Agree with that. Although Rodgers has changed his style somewhat.. the core of his philosophy involves solid technical players which means his teams would get better with more gifted players.

Pardew etc. clearly doesn't know what to do with players that have ability. He would rather play Dan Gosling and stick Anita wide because he can run fast.

Sherwood leaving in the summer

On SSN now. No surprise really. Everyone sacking their managers except us - just what does Pardew need to do...

He could get done for rape and Ashley would fine him.

I've had enough of Lambert.

Every ounce of positivity from last season has been drained away in an entire season of utter ineptitude. Yesterday was truly horrific.

What is going through a manager's mind when, losing 2-1 at home to Fulham, he makes a sub on 90 minutes, taking off our only creative player on the day, and replacing him with someone at a club two divisions too high. On 90 f***ing minutes.

It's like something happened in August, he's had some sort of a stroke-like traumatic head event, and he's been knocked out of kilter.

My season ticket price works out at about £130 per win over the last four years. Four f***ing years.

When we beat Norwich and then Chelsea recently, that was our first two back to back wins at home since 2009.

Remarkable.

Lambert's a classic example of what I said earlier. Absolutely no guarantees with managers.

There was nothing between him and Rodgers two years ago, both had done equally well with unfashionable clubs, finished on the same points total and Norwich actually scored 8 more goals than Rodger's Swansea - and 14 more the previous season in the Championship! Now Lambert's in charge of a turgid and dull Villa side whilst Liverpool are one of the most exciting and ruthless teams to ever play Premier League football.

This is why I don't believe in sticking with a manager out of blind hope, it's too easy to make a mistake that's not necessarily anyone's fault, just a mismatch. You've got to keep rolling the dice if you think you've got the wrong man. Get out early or it can really f*** you.

There was one stand out difference between Lambert and Rodgers two seasons ago and that was their football philosophy. When Liverpool went for Rodgers I said in the Parky thread that it was a smart move and could undo the damage done by Dalglish simply because he played football the right way at Swindon like Martinez before him. These are the type of managers who can make the step up to a top club whereas Lambert's Norwich were very much a direct football team more suited to championship standard football.

I'm amazed that Lambert is still in charge, and that the Villa fans haven't turned on him massively.

Absolute dross of a manager imo: no different to Billy Davies, Mcleish or any of the other dour fuckers.

Such a sad statet of affairs for a club like Villa, not sure things will majorly improve with their owner either mind.

I'm amazed that Lambert is still in charge, and that the Villa fans haven't turned on him massively.

I've been going to matches since 1973, and I struggle to think of a manager who has had more patience from the fans, it has been extraordinary. It is definitely changing now. In fact, it has changed.

I can handle losing matches if we look vaguely like we know what we are doing. Stoke (lost 4-1 at home) and Fulham, we have looked clueless.

The odd thing is we go and play someone like Chelsea or Arsenal or Man City (all of whom we have beaten this season) and we are transformed. We fight like fuck to get the ball when we don't have it, we close them down, when we have the ball, we use it, and sometimes very well.

The problem is that the ratio of performances like that versus getting your arse handed to you on your own ground by the likes of Stoke or Palace is way, way out of kilter.

It's not only a case of too many players not being good enough, either. The spine of the side - Guzan, Vlaar, Delph, Benteke, possibly Gabby - is very solid, some good players there. Vlaar, for example, has been excellent this season. Five or six really accomplished players isn't enough, but that's not even the main problem.

The main problem is the frequency with which we look totally lost, just clueless.

Really, I keep hearing in my mind the fact that we've lost more home matches this season than in any other year right back 140 years. That alone should get him sacked.

A mate at Uni supports Norwich and detests Hughton, often going on endless rants. As a NUFC fan with my head screwed on, I sympathised with him. He's practically dancing today, by the sounds of it.

Problem with villa is their bang average squad. Benteke had a great season last time out, without him their squad is bottom half at best, at worst just above the relegation lot. No surprises where they are. Lambert hasn't helped, but has added average players to the average squad of players.

Everything about villa is 'meh' always have been IMHO.