The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Is there a reason no one seems to want to manage them?

I reckon it's because they want a coach to put the players they buy into a formation/team that works. Anything goes wrong the coach is to blame and gets the boot.

30 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Is there a reason no one seems to want to manage them?

Probably scared of the pressure and Alonso.

Posted (edited)

As REM once sang, Don't Go Back To Sunlun. You'll wind up in some stadium that's full of filth and no place left to go.

Edited by OpenC

Got a soft spot for Mowbary being he was in his final years at Ipswich when I used to get cheap tickets through school for my live football fix.

Wish him all the best, hope he overcomes whatever the health issue is. I could be wrong but he seems to leave most of his roles with the club's and fans' respect even if it didn't work out which is quite rare these days.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Am I right in thinking Bayern sacked Tuchel, or said he’d be leaving, only to re-offer him the job which he then turned down?

Earlier in the year a mix of poor results and Tuchel and Bayern disagreeing over transfer strategy/squad quality led to them mutally agreeing to him leaving at the end of the season.
Now running out of options, several key players said they wanted him to stay and Bayern opened talks with him, only for him to still disagree with the transfer strategy and confirm he is leaving.

Is there any talk of Ten Hag getting replaced this summer? If as expected, Man U lose the cup final, would be considered a pretty poor season in most people's books. But is it really the manager or has the recruitment been spectacularly bad for years now?

18 minutes ago, TRon said:

Is there any talk of Ten Hag getting replaced this summer? If as expected, Man U lose the cup final, would be considered a pretty poor season in most people's books. But is it really the manager or has the recruitment been spectacularly bad for years now?

Heard he was 1/5 to get the axe. 

59 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Heard he was 1/5 to get the axe. 

He was a well rated manager before coming to England, I'm just wondering whether Sir Jim Ratshit might want to avoid paying compo fees by giving him another chance under the new regime headed by the garden gnome.

59 minutes ago, TRon said:

He was a well rated manager before coming to England, I'm just wondering whether Sir Jim Ratshit might want to avoid paying compo fees by giving him another chance under the new regime headed by the garden gnome.

I think Ratfink has proven he won't spend serious cash Ten Hag will get to stay I reckon but he might lose a few players and replace them with cheaper younger versions 

Poch gone? Got told by a mate who gets the odd bit of info via scouts and ex-pros. Sacked yesterday, apparently? 

Find it hard to believe. Would have leaked by now.