The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

They're doing s*** and battling relegation. If Swansea think that's the right move for them then good on them for acting. Yeah they play pretty football but most fans wanted Pardew out after similar seasons.

If we played pretty football Pardew would have a lot more fans tbf.

:thup: 8th-17th is the same shit.

Fuck, wasn't expecting that, mainly because even though Swansea are in a bad place atm, the fans seemed to really like him and there was no discontent at all, they are similar to us last season imo, the only difference being they don't play awful turgid football. Ashley you know what to do.

Wait actually imagine that for a second, Kinnear and Pardew being sacked and us appointing Laudrup in the same week :lol:

What a crock of shite that is, man. This league's fucked.

They weren't having a great season but they've had a few injuries and, in all honesty, their squad just isn't that amazing. Bony and Shelvey were reasonable signings but the former was always going to take time - he's shown glimpses - and the latter, well, you get what you pay for.

Managers just don't get any time at all these days. They were set-up well down there. Ridiculous.

Get the f*** out of here. What are Swansea expecting ffs :lol:

To be honest their situation is similar to ours last season, what with being in Europe and struggling in the league, and we all anted Pardew out. Granted the standard of football isn't comparable, but they are genuinely at risk of relegation, having spent a fair bit of money (something Pardew wasn't allowed to do).

this, I think what will have been the tipping point was 30 mins odd vs 10 man West Ham and never even remotely threaten their goal. Premature perhaps but there's been stories saying he wasn't well liked by the players from day one, now when you get results those complaints seem minor and irrelevant when you don't they become deafening

:thup: Good points. He's been unlucky with injuries though, but I guess after spending a fair amount that's not really an excuse. I'd have him here for sure though.

They spent 20 mil, most of it on Bony and Shelvey who both look decent.

Bony does, shelverys very inconsistent and is he really better than Ki who he sent out on loan? Not for me personally.

Sending Ki out on loan really makes me raise an eyebrow about his judgement. There's very little competition but he is the best midfielder I've ever seen in a sunderland shirt (please recall him, Monk!).

Last year when we were in a similar position (Europe, relegation battle), we bought half a new team.

Swansea have signed N'Gog & Emnes. Two players who you wouldn't expect Championship promotion chasers to sign, nevermind a team battling to stay up with a European campaign still running. No idea if those were "Laudrup signings", but I can imagine our reaction this time last year if we'd done that when trying to stay up.

To be honest their situation is similar to ours last season, what with being in Europe and struggling in the league, and we all anted Pardew out. Granted the standard of football isn't comparable, but they are genuinely at risk of relegation, having spent a fair bit of money (something Pardew wasn't allowed to do).

this, I think what will have been the tipping point was 30 mins odd vs 10 man West Ham and never even remotely threaten their goal. Premature perhaps but there's been stories saying he wasn't well liked by the players from day one, now when you get results those complaints seem minor and irrelevant when you don't they become deafening

:thup: Good points. He's been unlucky with injuries though, but I guess after spending a fair amount that's not really an excuse. I'd have him here for sure though.

Bony does, shelverys very inconsistent and is he really better than Ki who he sent out on loan? Not for me personally.

Sending Ki out on loan really makes me raise an eyebrow about his judgement. There's very little competition but he is the best midfielder I've ever seen in a sunderland shirt (please recall him, Monk!).

Last year when we were in a similar position (Europe, relegation battle), we bought half a new team.

Swansea have signed N'Gog & Emnes. Two players who you wouldn't expect Championship promotion chasers to sign, nevermind a team battling to stay up with a European campaign still running. No idea if those were "Laudrup signings", but I can imagine our reaction this time last year if we'd done that when trying to stay up.

Like I say, their signings haven't been amazing, but give the man a chance to build something.

Pretty appalled by that decision really. Unless there was something seriously a-miss with his attitude, as Groo speculates.

I'd fucking love him here.

Really, really weird signings those two.

They weren't having a great season but they've had a few injuries and, in all honesty, their squad just isn't that amazing. Bony and Shelvey were reasonable signings but the former was always going to take time - he's shown glimpses - and the latter, well, you get what you pay for.

Managers just don't get any time at all these days. They were set-up well down there. Ridiculous.

I think there's more to it than meets the eye tbh, any sane person would back Laudrup to keep them up.

Really, really weird signings those two.

Well I'm guessing they've nowt to spend - and they've got fuck all in the way of out-and-out strikers after Bony. Michu's had injury problems, too. It's just a couple of budget strikers at the end of the day, nowt sack-worthy.

I think there's more to it than meets the eye tbh, any sane person would back Laudrup to keep them up.

5 points off bottom, 3 points off 19th and 2 points off 18th.

Not sure anyone would be that confident he will keep them up. Any of the bottom 8 could very easily go down.