The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Tbf I think their is a decent manager in Viera, he got a tune out of Palace last season, and just went a bit stale in his last 10 games or so.

Think he'd be mental to take that role mind, as the backlash after sacking Cooper would be immense from the Forest fans, and looking at their run-in I think they're down no matter what.

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Has this been one of the worst seasons for new manager bounces / quality replacements? De Zerbi has been good but who else?

Carrick has been solid for Boro.

Unai Emery 

Edited by Krabbe2

1 hour ago, Krabbe2 said:

Carrick has been solid for Boro.

Unai Emery 

Emery’s definitely a very good point for the premier league and Carrick has done a great job at Boro too. The timing of managerial changes this season in the premier league at least, has felt extremely scattergun 

I think you could stick Lopetegui at Wolves down as well, more universally a few weeks ago, but in his 14 games they have won 5 and drew 3, so 18 points which is pretty decent - 1.29 points per game, far better than their 10 in the 15 before he came (0.67 PPG). A couple of poor losses at home to Bmouth and Leeds recently, but the other defeats were us, Man City, and Liverpool all away and Man Utd (in the middle of their great run). Should be just about fine to stay up, and probably had a few costly decisions go against them.

Edited by Paullow

Surprised no one has seriously attempt to get Thomas Frank from Brentford. He's done an unbelievable job there and managed to get some big results against the big teams over the last couple of seasons. Give him a big transfer kitty and would build a really good side. 

Would hate to see it as I like him but Spurs is the perfect fit for him. 

27 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Emery’s definitely a very good point for the premier league and Carrick has done a great job at Boro too. The timing of managerial changes this season in the premier league at least, has felt extremely scattergun 

I think we've also seen lack of foresight from subpar ownership groups. Nathan Jones man, then Southampton failing to replace him with experience to get them out the shit. Boehly getting rid of Tuchel, Bournemouth failing to appoint a proper replacement for Parker. Gary O'Neil has been okay, he might keep them up, but the teams around Bournemouth probably have more about them to avoid relegation.

7 hours ago, gbandit said:

Has this been one of the worst seasons for new manager bounces / quality replacements? De Zerbi has been good but who else?

I guess when half the league change their managers any new manager bounces sorta cancel each other out. 

52 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

I just don't understand sacking your manager this late in the season without having a replacement lined up, or at least knowing who and what you want. Couldn't think of a bigger difference in terms of profiles than March and Rafa. So unprofessional to not even know what you are after. 

I, sort-of, understand the Chelsea sacking.   

I think it mirrors the Bayern Munich sacking of Nagelsman, where they are not sure that they want to do it, but they are afraid to let their target replacement get taken from them.  While Tuchel was available (but not in demand) Bayern had options and the chance to see how things went, but as soon as Tottenham needed a new manager, suddenly Bayern had to act or risk loosing the chance to hire Tuchel.

Same for Chelsea, sticking with Potter as nothing better out there, but once Nagelsman became available, they had to act on Potter or risk Nagelsman going to Spurs and leaving them without a choice.

Cooper get another pop at a PL job next year or think he has to do it all again and bring another team up from the championship? 

Don't think he's been Watford manager yet. Could be a good catch for a team who miss out this year.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Cooper get another pop at a PL job next year or think he has to do it all again and bring another team up from the championship? 

Don't think he's been Watford manager yet. Could be a good catch for a team who miss out this year.

Wonder if he'd hang around to see how England do at the Euros.