The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

7 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Its just the classic tactic of trying to take the pressure off the players by having all the attention on himself. Mourinho and Ferguson were masters of it - though they didnt look half as undignified as Allardyce. 

Think you're giving him way too much credit man :lol:

Hilarious watching that press conference, like. When he's asked what the strengths are of the team he pauses and then says 'I don't really know...I'm good in possession. I like to keep the ball'

Otherwise translates to 'I've been on the beers and barbeque mate, not watching Leeds fucking United'. 

I'm not keen on Allardyce, think he's a bit of a prick tbh but he sounds genuinely unwell in that clip. No idea wat he thinks it's going to be like since he last managed a few years ago but if that's the bloke Leeds have pinned their hopes and dreams on then it's massively unfortunate for them. That's a bloke out of touch, a second behind mentally and lost in a new and unimaginable world of modern football management. He's nothing more than a relic. A 'this is how it used to be 20 years ago' manager. He'll fail miserably. 

10 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Four games work. That's £750k pro rata. That's the sort of fee he's looking at. 

“Bunce” *rubs thumb and index finger*

21 minutes ago, midds said:

I'm not keen on Allardyce, think he's a bit of a prick tbh but he sounds genuinely unwell in that clip. No idea wat he thinks it's going to be like since he last managed a few years ago but if that's the bloke Leeds have pinned their hopes and dreams on then it's massively unfortunate for them. That's a bloke out of touch, a second behind mentally and lost in a new and unimaginable world of modern football management. He's nothing more than a relic. A 'this is how it used to be 20 years ago' manager. He'll fail miserably. 

:thup: Shades of Kinnear.

I’d love it if we battered them to rub salt in his wounds. I can imagine the usual suspects in the media fawning over how brilliant this move is by Leeds, I’ve haven’t seen much on it today but did see the clip regarding Pep etc ?

5 hours ago, STM said:

I understand why people get murdered now. Could stab this cunt in the face for a week and not reach the back of his head. The most delusional man in football.

That's actually quite a tough watch, he looks and sounds completely gone. 

Quite ironic mind that he's having a bit of a go at clubs not hiring him until now, he had officially retired man :lol:

Not sure I'm seeing any indication of a person who's lost their marbles, like, not that I'm qualified to make any sort of judgement like that. This is just classic Allardyce and he's playing the hits. He was telling everyone he should've been the England manager well, well before he actually got the job, and was harping on about how he should've been the Real Madrid manager whilst he was at Blackburn. The bloke is just deluded and always has been. 

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Not sure I'm seeing any indication of a person who's lost their marbles, like, not that I'm qualified to make any sort of judgement like that. This is just classic Allardyce and he's playing the hits. He was telling everyone he should've been the England manager well, well before he actually got the job, and was harping on about how he should've been the Real Madrid manager whilst he was at Blackburn. The bloke is just deluded and always has been. 

It's the way he says it. Joe Kinnear is what it reminded me of. Wouldn't be stunned to hear similar news about him in 5 or so years... Not taking any joy in that, but compare him with Bobby Robson when he was 68 in 2001.

4 hours ago, midds said:

That’s what I thought watching his interview, like it goes beyond football that genuinely the bloke needs help. 

Surprised he never added Howe to the list of those who he's better than. "I'm better than that little upstart Eddie Howe as well, he just doesn't have my experience and knowledge"