The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

I wonder where Rangers go from here, old experienced manager, young up and coming, foreign type ? 

I've got a sneaky suspicion they might go for someone like Hassenhutl. 

18 hours ago, Magpie said:

I've got a sneaky suspicion they might go for someone like Hassenhutl. 

Potter, Muscat, Big Hass and Marsch linked. Wonder if Potter would do a Rodgers like redemption arc, although Chelsea still being shite helps his case for Prem job. 

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Potter should do a Howe and ignore the Old Firm, hold out for the next Brighton, Villa, etc level job. Could easily see him back at Brighton before the New Year with De Zerbi at Man Utd. 

Rangers might be a good fit for Potter, though. Give him some midweek euro football over somewhere like Palace that might be in for him if Hodgson is done this season. Bloom doesn't strike me as someone who would go back for an ex manager. There's probably no animosity there, so it's definitely plausible. 

17 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Potter's still a good manager, not even sure it'd be redemption. The current state of Chelsea almost gives him a free pass.

I'd have a right smirk on my face if I was him after their start and transfer nonsense this summer.  :lol: 

18 hours ago, 54 said:

Hope he falls flat there, too. Totally disinterested in putting in the time needed to be a proper manager. Though I suppose it’s not his fault that clubs keep giving him chances, the idiots.

8 minutes ago, La Parka said:

Terrible decision making sacking O Neil. 

Stinks of Leeds. 

Think I’ve said before, they remind me a lot of Leeds, trying to appoint a young progressive manager and signing some quite highly rated players (in their price bracket anyway) and then just absolutely bombing.