The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Think Remi will do well - came across impressive in his interview.  Gutted we missed out on him.  :(

Shame he didn't come across well in his interview with football maestro Lee Charnley. I wonder how he managed to con Lerner? Perhaps being a yank he didn't understand the intricacies of modern day football like our speccy bald wonder.

Guest Howaythetoon

I actually rate McClaren a bit higher than Moyes like.

No way IMO

Done more in his career tbh. What he did at Boro is akin to what Moyes done at Everton and of course he won the Dutch League. Moyes is Pullis without the cap.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye, that's why the majority of the Boro fans wanted him sacked.

Footy fans are morons in general. Look at our lot, many wanted Bobby peddled. Means nowt. He did a very good job at Boro, keeping them up, winning a trophy, getting to Europe and bringing on youth. They would fucking kill for those days now.

I know plenty of Everton fans who constantly asked questions of Moyes and were delighted to see him leave.

Footy fans are morons in general. Look at our lot, many wanted Bobby peddled. Means nowt. He did a very good job at Boro, keeping them up, winning a trophy, getting to Europe and bringing on youth. They would f***ing kill for those days now.

I know plenty of Everton fans who constantly asked questions of Moyes and were delighted to see him leave.

For the time Middlesbrough were pretty big spenders which helped contribute to the success. The football was awful which I believe was why the fans didn't like him.

While you can say that perhaps McClaren has had more success, I would say he has also had a lot more failure too.

Guest Howaythetoon

Footy fans are morons in general. Look at our lot, many wanted Bobby peddled. Means nowt. He did a very good job at Boro, keeping them up, winning a trophy, getting to Europe and bringing on youth. They would f***ing kill for those days now.

For the time Middlesbrough were pretty big spenders which helped contribute to the success. The football was awful which I believe was why the fans didn't like him.

While you can say that perhaps McClaren has had more success, I would say he has also had a lot more failure too.

His football was functional and boring, similar to Moyes' at Everton who also had money to spend. His failure at England is comparable to Moyes' failure at Man Utd. Unlike the Scot, McClaren has actually won stuff as well and got to a European Final.

No way IMO

Done more in his career tbh. What he did at Boro is akin to what Moyes done at Everton and of course he won the Dutch League. Moyes is Pullis without the cap.

Didn't he have a fair bit of money to spend at boro. Everton were always balanced in their spending and he brought through Rooney, Stones, Coleman, Barkley and built a decent side that were well organised and hard to beat. Maybe the key is a half likeable manager like Moyes or McLaren being given the time they need to shape it and build something even if we are a bit shit or up and down during the process. I could never give Pardew that time because he was an insufferable cunt of the highest order.

I can half tolerate alky Schteeve McDutchman as long as he recognises his mistakes and attempts to rectify, which he appears to be doing

Guest Howaythetoon

Everton played some good stuff under Moyes, especially in his last couple of years there, imo.

They did, but it was still too direct and long ball.

Guest Howaythetoon

No way IMO

Didn't he have a fair bit of money to spend at boro. Everton were always balanced in their spending and he brought through Rooney, Stones, Coleman, Barkley and built a decent side that were well organised and hard to beat. Maybe the key is a half likeable manager like Moyes or McLaren being given the time they need to shape it and build something even if we are a bit s*** or up and down during the process. I could never give Pardew that time because he was an insufferable c*** of the highest order.

I can half tolerate alky Schteeve McDutchman as long as he recognises his mistakes and attempts to rectify, which he appears to be doing

They are a much of a muchness tbh. I just prefer McClaren over Moyes, only slightly mind.