The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest alijmitchell

This version of David Moyes makes me instantly think of uncle moe's family feedbag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird to use someone as petulant and rash as Cabaye as an example of intelligence though.

Tactically he's intelligent in terms of movement and positioning off the ball. Better example would be Carrick, not quick or a great athlete but off the ball he cuts off passing lanes, in the right position to intercept. Thinking about the team and its shape.

Guest Howaythetoon

They'll hire him, he'll have a decent season, followed up by a poor one, and they'll get rid. He looks like a good manager though. Not in Giggs' league mind eh Merse...

Without a big wedge of cash waiting to buy one, possibly two strikers at whatever it costs in January, Everton looks like a potential banana skin for an up and coming manager. Silva would be foolish to risk his growing reputation unless he thinks Everton's squad is a step up on Watford's.

It's a big job so they'll be plenty of takers, but not necessarily the ones that they want. We got Rafa Benitez because there was little downside for him. We were headed for certain relegation and he rightly got no blame for it. Expectations at Everton will be much higher.

On the subject of managers and squads, Puel was sacked by Southampton for being solid but dour, but has been given a Leicester squad that won the league not long ago with counter attacking. It won't be the tools he's used to working with and he mightn't get much time to come up with something that works.

Everton continue to be frustrated in their search for a new manager with two of the leading candidates - Sam Allardyce and Marco Silva - now appearing to be out of the running, Sky Sports News understands.

Allardyce not interested in a deal till the end of the season, Watford have no interest in Silva leaving.

Lerl.

He's right for once tbh, if a club is hesitating and chasing other managers when he is there ready to take the job, then it's not a good sign for him. I think it's Everton that is coming across as arrogant, this new owner seems to have unrealistic expectations when it comes to who they can attract.

Guest neesy111

He's right for once tbh, if a club is hesitating and chasing other managers when he is there ready to take the job, then it's not a good sign for him. I think it's Everton that is coming across as arrogant, this new owner seems to have unrealistic expectations when it comes to who they can attract.

:thup:

If he stays at Watford a year or so and gets them around top 10 then he could easily get himself a Pochettino to Spurs type move. Possibly even Spurs themselves if someone like Man Utd nick Poch.

Might work out but given that Watford have pretty much changed their manager every year, for the past decade, personally I wouldn't show them any loyalty if a (potentially) better offer came up.

Sacking a manager with nobody else lined up just seems like gross misconduct to me, no matter what happens now Evertons season is wrote off and some pundits were considering them for a top 6 finish at the start of the season