The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Butland, Zouma and Shaqiri are good players too.

We should be trying our best to bring Butland in.

:lol::lol:

You not think he’s any good?

Very much the opposite but Pickford went to Everton for £30m. Butland is equal to or better than Pickford. Let's just say I can't see it happening.

Very much the opposite but Pickford went to Everton for £30m. Butland is equal to or better than Pickford. Let's just say I can't see it happening.

Pickford fee was massively inflated to hype and Everton going money mad. I can’t see any clubs bigger than us going in for him, and if Stoke go down then they will probably need to sell.

He may still be expensive for us without a takeover, but if we get taken over then we should certainly have him on our watch list.

Pickford fee was massively inflated to hype and Everton going money mad. I can’t see any clubs bigger than us going in for him, and if Stoke go down then they will probably need to sell.

He may still be expensive for us without a takeover, but if we get taken over then we should certainly have him on our watch list.

Dunno mind, and I admire your optimitism but, both Arsenal and Liverpool both need better goalkeepers. He'll be on the radar for each of them IMO.

Dunno mind, and I admire your optimitism but, both Arsenal and Liverpool both need better goalkeepers. He'll be on the radar for each of them IMO.

Doubt it, both of them will likely go after bigger names, like Oblak.

Liverpool will just throw loads of money at Southampton for Forster.

Doubt it, both of them will likely go after bigger names, like Oblak.

Liverpool will just throw loads of money at Southampton for Forster.

Wonder how much Oblak would go for in this market like. Unless his release clause is lower, he's surely worth well over £50m.

Winner cost them 18m, Spurs always mug people off. They'd probably manage to sell Sissoko for 50m if they tried.

Can’t believe we got all that for Wimmer. Poch didn’t even hide that he didn’t rate him in the end. We paid 4.5M and he barely played :lol:.

He's a fucking divvy that guy, like. I'm sure he'll be in and around football for a good while, like, because the media related to this particular sport absolutely loves a know-nowt gobshite... but, for years to come, we'll all look back on Sherwood's managerial stints with a perplexed 'just how did that happen' humour. A bit like other greats such as Egil Olsen, Joe Kinnear and John Carver. He's in that league.

Guest firetotheworks

It's perhaps a bit worrying that what he said made total sense to me, like. The man's a proper cretin though obviously.

Guest firetotheworks

Mark Hughes can't win (in the eyes of everyone) no matter what he does, the only way for him to win (in the eyes of everyone) is to win (the football match)

Nee idea if everyone already knows that and you're all just still laughing, like. Apologies for being patronising if that's the case. [emoji38]

Mark Hughes can't win (in the eyes of everyone) no matter what he does, the only way for him to win (in the eyes of everyone) is to win (the football match)

Nee idea if everyone already knows that and you're all just still laughing, like. Apologies for being patronising if that's the case. [emoji38]

We get, we just get how much of a contradiction it is and how much it doesn’t make any sense.

Guest neesy111

Gary Rowett or Martin O'Neill mentioned on SSN as a replacement for Hughes.

:lol: Wow.

Gary Rowett would be a great appointment imo.

This.

Guest neesy111

Sherwood is one of the better ones on that show too. Dean Saunders has the mental capacity of 7 year old.

That sounds about right, I've heard some of the stuff he does in training is ridiculous.

Guest chopey

This.

I think he's a cracking manager, he brought a terrible Birmingham team to St James ate the start of last season and actually organised them so well they gave us a game, I was amazed when they swapped him for Zola.

This.

I think he's a cracking manager, he brought a terrible Birmingham team to St James ate the start of last season and actually organised them so well they gave us a game, I was amazed when they swapped him for Zola.

Didn't we smash them 4-0? :lol:

Guest chopey

This.

Didn't we smash them 4-0? :lol:

Probably but the players were conference standard that he had to work with