The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Yep Michael O'Neill gone from Stoke

Thats been on the cards for a while, Stoke fans have never been impressed by him, and results have been very poor so far this season.

18 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye Arteta too. Why are the English legends clearly the inferior managers?

The best 2 English managers in the division don't come from footballing aristocracy.

Because their playing achievements get projected onto their managerial ability. The other managers actually need to prove themselves via actually managing so are typically much better.

2 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Because their playing achievements get projected onto their managerial ability. The other managers actually need to prove themselves via actually managing so are typically much better.

Vieira's playing career was super.

It would be interesting to rank players from WC 98 and Euro 00 as managers. You have a mixed bag of Zidane, Deschamps, Vieira, Henry, Scholes, Campbell, Simeone, Inzaghi etc.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It would be interesting to rank players from WC 98 and Euro 00 as managers. You have a mixed bag of Zidane, Deschamps, Vieira, Henry, Scholes, Campbell, Simeone, Inzaghi etc.

Pep

On 24/08/2022 at 06:48, Ben said:

I'm not a huge Rodgers fan, however they do seem to be fucking him over a fair bit, apparently he wasnt to keen on offering Vardy a new contract but they did it anyway.

Interesting, thought his non-verbals were a bit off when interviewer mentioned something along the lines of you must be delighted that Vardy has signed a new contract. 

I keep forgetting Rodgers managed two 5th place finishes with Leicester, (albeit 1 should have been a 4th place with a disasterous end of season iirc) which is actually very impressive. I still somehow struggle to be impressed by him. He is definitely on way out though, clearly unhappy with lack of transfers, owners looking to sell I read and a squad in need of a rebuild. I think he'd rather go now reputation somewhat intact than struggle for a few seasons until new investment comes in. If he wanted long term he would have sold Fofana nad Maddison by now and rebuilt squad with profits but I don't think he wants to.

49 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I keep forgetting Rodgers managed two 5th place finishes with Leicester, (albeit 1 should have been a 4th place with a disasterous end of season iirc) which is actually very impressive. I still somehow struggle to be impressed by him. He is definitely on way out though, clearly unhappy with lack of transfers, owners looking to sell I read and a squad in need of a rebuild. I think he'd rather go now reputation somewhat intact than struggle for a few seasons until new investment comes in. If he wanted long term he would have sold Fofana nad Maddison by now and rebuilt squad with profits but I don't think he wants to.

Not sure Rodgers will have much say in the finances of the club regarding selling players

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Veira did an extensive apprenticeship in coaching in various roles before taking a PL job.

On 26/08/2022 at 04:46, Tiresias said:

Well maybe not, I do have a suspicion he has been blocking the sales to act the martyr when they don't sign anyone. Not that I blame him too much, no guarantee they will replace them with anyone of standard. 

Rafa was linked before at one point wasnt he? Could see that happening on an interim for the year.

Edited by toontownman

14 hours ago, joeyt said:

:lol: What an absolutely horrendous quote. Can picture his Intertoto-celebrating face as he's saying it, too.

Is there a worse answer you could give to that question?