The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Rodgers. He will walk if they sell more this week and don't bring in anyone decent. He will likely be pushed if the do. It's downward momentum there and it's sucking them in that one direction.

Would be delicious if Gerrard and lampard both went. I think they will get til Christmas at least and think both will be fine with mid table finishes.

Edited by toontownman

Just now, toontownman said:

Rodgers. He will walk if they sell more this week and don't bring in anyone decent. He will likely be pushed if the do. It's downward momentum there and it's sucking them in that one direction.

Agreed, gone south there this summer and no signs of him turning it around.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Thanks Micah, this is the sort of searing analysis Villa fans needed right now - Gerrard’s a fighter and an incredible man 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62685677

Villa Fans are passionate- Check 

His players have let him down - Check 

Gerrard Shouted a lot as a player and that is Motivation- Check

If they can somehow stop playing shit it could kick start their season - Check

Fantastic work Micah :lol:

Sometimes I think the Athletic articles are too dense and ott but then you see this pass for analysis and it looks like rocket science in comparison. 

Gerrard needs to get the balance of the team right. The players are capable of scoring goals and playing well, but I look at the balance and think "something is not quite right in the attacking area".

Meanwhile I’m quite warming to the Villa fans :lol:

"Gerrard's tactics are like an ecclesiastical delivery service lobbing crosses into a synagogue, nobody wants the crosses you are selling mate."

Edited by GeordieDazzler

“However, in order for us to keep progressing as a team and a Club as a whole, it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably. We must also show belief in and respect for one another. That is the approach that has brought this club so much success in recent history, and one that we will not veer from now. Our search for a new head coach will begin immediately.”

That is probably the most shade thrown at a sacking statement i've seen in a while. The comments at the weekend where proper wank mind.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

“However, in order for us to keep progressing as a team and a Club as a whole, it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably. We must also show belief in and respect for one another. That is the approach that has brought this club so much success in recent history, and one that we will not veer from now. Our search for a new head coach will begin immediately.”

That is probably the most shade thrown at a sacking statement i've seen in a while. The comments at the weekend where proper wank mind.

That's a proper telling off. He's fucked himself there. Loads of clubs he will pool in as manager won't accept being called out like he did at the weekend.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Were they really though? I think I've just read them all and they seemed fine.

Sacked after predictably losing to Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal, but beating Villa. Ridiculously harsh.

He's not been happy with recruitment that's what this is all down to.