The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

9-0 and then shifting the blame to the owners was never going to go down well.

If you drill even poor to mediocre players how to defend as a unit, even the likes of Liverpool and City on top form will have to work hard to break that down, as Rafa showed here. He did that with Lascelles in the side.

Based on those fixtures, you can't sack on results, but you absolutely can see a sacking happen for those comments. Even without the context of fighting for more transfers it came off incredibly negative at this stage of the season.

I suppose this depends on how much of a false economy we're talking here. If Bournemouth are way off, they'll have to accept the inevitable. However if its just, I dunno, say 20-25M of players to be competitive, the cost of relegation is far greater than that. The best players they have will all leave when they are relegated and the team will have to build again.

Being in the Premier League is worth a fortune to the club. By contrast, I know some club admins see getting into the Europa League as a burden, but a large part of that is because it only makes tiny amounts of money, on top of the Thurs-Sunday pressure on their squad. Getting into and then staying in the Premier League is definitely worth it.

Sounds like he wanted the sack. If he didn’t, all he had to do was play Bruce Bullshit Bingo with his quotes and he’d get a long career of one after the other compensation payments from the various clubs that love that shit.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Sounds like he wanted the sack. If he didn’t, all he had to do was play Bruce Bullshit Bingo with his quotes and he’d get a long career of one after the other compensation payments from the various clubs that love that shit.

Yep, I don't think any manager with a bit of pride can accept a season being the whipping boys of the league and be the public face of a policy they don't agree with.

1 hour ago, Comegetasample said:

He'd actually be a great appointment for them down the road. I doubt they'd pay him enough to cover the cost of those 900 quid cardigans mind. 

Apart from their last manager leaving when he didn't get backed (though there's an argument he did) 

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

I suppose this depends on how much of a false economy we're talking here. If Bournemouth are way off, they'll have to accept the inevitable. However if its just, I dunno, say 20-25M of players to be competitive, the cost of relegation is far greater than that. The best players they have will all leave when they are relegated and the team will have to build again.

Being in the Premier League is worth a fortune to the club. By contrast, I know some club admins see getting into the Europa League as a burden, but a large part of that is because it only makes tiny amounts of money, on top of the Thurs-Sunday pressure on their squad. Getting into and then staying in the Premier League is definitely worth it.

This got me thinking... TV revenue clubs get stays roughly the same for a couple of years (around 100m if memory serves), but transfer fee inflation has been incredible this summer. 100m really doesn't get you all that much anymore, especially taking player wages into account. I can see it becoming more and more difficult for promoted clubs to stay up, and more appealing for them to take the cash of being in the PL for a single year + parachute payments and use it to build solid foundations for the future, i.e. stadium expansions, training ground development, youth prospects, etc.

19 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Bournemouth will probably go down either way, so I guess they may as well make a change to someone who's not so frustrated or where there's not so much conflict with their strategy.

I can only think of one man then.....

3 hours ago, 54 said:

“However, in order for us to keep progressing as a team and a Club as a whole, it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably. We must also show belief in and respect for one another. That is the approach that has brought this club so much success in recent history, and one that we will not veer from now. Our search for a new head coach will begin immediately.”

That is probably the most shade thrown at a sacking statement i've seen in a while. The comments at the weekend where proper wank mind.

I don’t think they were wank, more to do wth Parker’s lack of emotional intelligence. At least, in his defence, he was being honest. 

Can’t believe they wouldn’t let him apologize or walk back some of the comments. 

46 minutes ago, 54 said:

Given he managed them after Howe left and then sacked him while still in the play-offs, I doubt it.

Didn't know that..

Bournemouth fan on talksport was saying he wants someone that knows the club.. and he was the first name I thought of.

Edited by Gaztoon

18 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Didn't know that..

Bournemouth fan on talksport was saying he wants someone that knows the club.. and he was the first name I thought of.

Matt Ritchie player manager. Bit like Jordan Henderson and Sunderland bit on a less elite level scale.