The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

21 minutes ago, wormy said:

Damnit. We should've been all over that. 

I cannot imagine any other manager coming into the club in 2021 and getting the club the way Howe did. I hope we make a decent start and we can see where Howe and the lads end up. 

50 minutes ago, Gavin400 said:

I cannot imagine any other manager coming into the club in 2021 and getting the club the way Howe did. I hope we make a decent start and we can see where Howe and the lads end up. 

I'd rather Howe than anyone else :cool:

On 01/07/2022 at 13:02, The Prophet said:

I know he's a bit mad but I read he was demanding Marseille signed Griezmann and Renato Sanches this summer which seemed very ambitious

Can see leicester tbh, Rodgers had a mixed season, they start poorly will seem ideal for getting young squad going and unless he wants to wait a long time for a champions league team it is an attractive project with a patient owner

59 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Chelsea if Tuchel doesn’t start well? Unless he drops to someone like Leicester.

Wouldn't be too dissimilar to us getting Rafa in terms of getting a manager above their level. I like Rodgers though, they'd be daft to shift him at the first sign of trouble.

Guest HTT II

Poch is a hell of a manager, but maybe damaged goods right now for a top job. Maybe he needs to go back to a Southampton and regain some of his former standing as a top manager. I’ve always said his Spurs side on and off the ball were the best coached side for a spell under him, they just lacked true squad depth and relied on their purples too much.

19 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Poch is a hell of a manager, but maybe damaged goods right now for a top job. Maybe he needs to go back to a Southampton and regain some of his former standing as a top manager. I’ve always said his Spurs side on and off the ball were the best coached side for a spell under him, they just lacked true squad depth and relied on their purples too much.

Leicester would be a decent move for him. One of those clubs that’s not a top 6 regular club, but should be breaking in. Seems like Rodgers has fizzled out there.

Poch is in a bit of a catch 22. He does his best work with young squads who he can coach and can mould them to play his style. Defending from the front with intensity.

But his time at PSG has likely made him too expensive for a team that could give him that.