NUFC Fans Forum - No interest in winning cups

Crumpy Gunt

Might be semantics, but as far as I am concerned as a club of our size we should be aiming for top 6 at a minimum (target), yet it wouldn't be a sackable offence to fall just short of this mark, i.e. finish in the top 8/10. To just target the top 10 however seems unambitious to the extreme. It's like Man Utd aiming for a CL place; as a club they should always aim for/target the title, but you can't always win, so the minimum they should expect is CL qualification.

Edit: what Yorkie said basically. For us, it seems the target is top 10, but we're perfectly happy to persist with our manager as longs as he keeps us in the gravy train. It's not good enough, pure and simple.

Also it's made pretty clear that after the £18m is paid back to Ashley we're all square because the £111m he paid to clear debts after buying the club he doesn't want back unless he sells. So people can shut the fuck up about how lucky we are regarding that. :thup:

Seems pretty good to me. ???

Means that once we've paid back the £18m we'll be effectively debt free, and subsequently all monies generated will be the clubs to use.

Also it's made pretty clear that after the £18m is paid back to Ashley we're all square because the £111m he paid to clear debts after buying the club he doesn't want back unless he sells. So people can shut the f*** up about how lucky we are regarding that. :thup:

Means that once we've paid back the £18m we'll be effectively debt free, and subsequently all monies generated will be the clubs to use.

:spit:

Maybe I should clarify. Can you not see you're being led down the garden path? They continuously change their story as they go along, with the only constant being they systematically notch down the level of ambition. We went from a club aiming for Europe and targeting the best young players around the world to set up a world class academy to a club happy to survive in the Premier League targeting local youngsters for its academy.

Guest neesy111

The target should to finish as high as possible in the league, using and extracting the most of all the resources we have available i.e. money, coaching we can get our hands on within reason.

Yep, agree with Yorkie and Unbelievable. Lack of ambition is bad enough from the club but even worse from our own supporters. If we as a group don't keep demanding better, that's when they feel even more of a right to take the piss

Guest neesy111

Also it's made pretty clear that after the £18m is paid back to Ashley we're all square because the £111m he paid to clear debts after buying the club he doesn't want back unless he sells. So people can shut the fuck up about how lucky we are regarding that. :thup:

So where is the extra 30m from this season going to?  A new borehole?  Solar Panels on the East Stand?

Might be semantics, but as far as I am concerned as a club of our size we should be aiming for top 6 at a minimum (target), yet it wouldn't be a sackable offence to fall just short of this mark, i.e. finish in the top 8/10. To just target the top 10 however seems unambitious to the extreme. It's like Man Utd aiming for a CL place; as a club they should always aim for/target the title, but you can't always win, so the minimum they should expect is CL qualification.

Edit: what Yorkie said basically. For us, it seems the target is top 10, but we're perfectly happy to persist with our manager as longs as he keeps us in the gravy train. It's not good enough, pure and simple.

Might just be me being overly cynical, but I don't believe that's the case either - 'target' would be an exaggeration, anyway. They could never say the be-all-end-all is 17th and above, even in an amicable/productive environment like a public forum. But I believe that's the case. They would have binned Pardew it it wasn't.

Also it's made pretty clear that after the £18m is paid back to Ashley we're all square because the £111m he paid to clear debts after buying the club he doesn't want back unless he sells. So people can shut the f*** up about how lucky we are regarding that. :thup:

Maybe I should clarify. Can you not see you're being led down the garden path? They continuously change their story as they go along, with the only constant being they systematically notch down the level of ambition. We went from a club aiming for Europe and targeting the best young players around the world to set up a world class academy to a club happy to survive in the Premier League targeting local youngsters for its academy.

:thup:

Unfortunately their PR skills are pretty good.

How is calling finishing top 8 a "reasonable target" lacking ambition?? It's being realistic about where we are as a club and squad under Ashley.

Pardew got the piss ripped out of him and criticised by fans this time last year when he said we should be challenging for a Champions League place and that "we're above the level of teams like Everton" or something along those lines.

The hypocrisy at times in this place....

Might just be me being overly cynical, but I don't believe that's the case either - 'target' would be an exaggeration, anyway. They could never say the be-all-end-all is 17th and above, even in an amicable/productive environment like a public forum. But I believe that's the case. They would have binned Pardew it it wasn't.

I think their target, for now, is top 10. It's the perfect balance between not having to invest much for further competitions and getting as much money as possible. 

I would hope that the club would always see the league as a priority if it had to be one or the other.  It doesn't have to be set as a priority though and it's just another sign that the club is run for financial reasons first and foremost.

No surprise though that some still find a way to defend the club.

feckin fuming after reading the club statements and overall approach to running our club , i hate to say this but if relegation happens its a big up yours to the fat w***** and all he represents ,Boycott every damn thing and the fans who pay for season tickets should have a long good think about the future  :tickedoff:

I have a horrible feeling that if we went down again Ashley would have a firesale of our players and adjust to the lower revenue in the championshit so he didn't lose any further money :(

How is calling finishing top 8 a "reasonable target" lacking ambition?? It's being realistic about where we are as a club and squad under Ashley.

Pardew got the piss ripped out of him and criticised by fans this time last year when he said we should be challenging for a Champions League place and that "we're above the level of teams like Everton" or something along those lines.

I can't remember that off the top of my head; but he'll have only got the piss ripped out of him because it would have been hilariously unrealistic coming from him, given we were around the relegation zone on merit at the time.

Targeting 8th after finishing 5th would've lacked ambition, I can't see that in any other way.

Pardew got the p*ss ripped out of him and criticised by fans this time last year when he said we should be challenging for a Champions League place and that "we're above the level of teams like Everton" or something along those lines.

Can you not see that Pardew stating an outlandish ambition without backing from the board in the form of significant investment in a squad capable of actually achieving said ambition is indeed worthy of ridicule, but does not represent the fans not wanting the club to be that ambitious? As ever, the proof is in the pudding, not in their PR spiel.

:thup:

Unfortunately their PR skills are pretty good.

Their not, you can see through the bull shit everytime.

They are fucking awful rank amateurs. 

The only man that speaks is the fucking manager and he comes out with howlers all the time.

How anyone doesn't nail him is beyond me.

Oh and I forgot about Uncal Joe  :lol: :lol: :lol:

They've been caught lying in a triburnal, which they admitted.

They are bullshiters.

The most worrying thing is how powerless the fans are. If 50,000 people protested with banners and chants at St James' Park, they'd be delighted that there are 50,000 people buying tickets. They couldn't give a fuck about banners, chants, campaigns etc, they just don't care at all. The only way to properly hit Ashley is to stop going to games in protest, but it isn't going to happen.

But aren't these targets just the minimum of what the club expects to do?  And basically just made internally in order to make, among other things, future financial decisions behind the scenes.

We expected a minimum top 8. We dropped a bollock, Pardew got called in to explain himself, realised they both fucked the squad up, and reduced the minimum to be top 10 for this season.

But whatever the club aim, beyond the lack of investment, it shouldn't have any effect on where the team ends up.

The manager and players just need to do the best they can and target the highest possible position. 1st, until it's mathematically impossible.

Guest Bert Shaft

A lot of people will not agree, especially the "sewpafans" but people need to start staying away from this club en masse while these odious b*stards are running it.

The geordie public staying away from football matches en masse  will guarantee that fat c*nt gets bad publicity.

It's no good bitching about these f*ckers then turning up and giving him/them your hard earned readies.

Their p*ss taking of the fans is now so blatantly obvious it's not funny anymore.

Fu*ck 'em, I aren't even bothered about tonights game anymore. Why should I be, it's not a priority.  :naughty:

If it's not being spent paying back debt, then it'll stay in the club. No? If not, we'll have a new thing to attack but until that happens, it's clearly a good thing.

What it'll be spent on though, who knows. Maybe that Category One academy we have apparently just built under Ashley. O0