NUFC Fans Forum - No interest in winning cups

Crumpy Gunt

Also it's made pretty clear that after the £18m is paid back to Ashley we're all square because the £111m he paid to clear debts after buying the club he doesn't want back unless he sells. So people can shut the f*** up about how lucky we are regarding that. :thup:

Seems pretty good to me. ???

Means that once we've paid back the £18m we'll be effectively debt free, and subsequently all monies generated will be the clubs to use.

:spit:

Maybe I should clarify. Can you not see you're being led down the garden path? They continuously change their story as they go along, with the only constant being they systematically notch down the level of ambition. We went from a club aiming for Europe and targeting the best young players around the world to set up a world class academy to a club happy to survive in the Premier League targeting local youngsters for its academy.

If it's not being spent paying back debt, then it'll stay in the club. No? If not, we'll have a new thing to attack but until that happens, it's clearly a good thing.

What it'll be spent on though, who knows. Maybe that Category One academy we have apparently just built under Ashley. O0

Maybe some more interactive super duper advertising boards for Sports Direct to "showcase"? Don't worry, Ashley will find a way to make it beneficial to his primary interest, while f***ing us over. It's been a constant theme since he took over, so I don't see how it would suddenly change.

My point was referring specifically to the people (and there are many) who claim every transfer window that we can't complain too much about the almost complete lack of ambition and spending because we owe Sewpa Mike a lot of money from when the dipshit didn't read the books properly. Well it's been made as clear as can be that he's not expecting that money back unless he sells the club - which he's not planning on doing. Well that's the proven lying bastard's current story anyway.

So not even that shite excuse exists any more. I don't expect it to disappear mind.

Guest Howaythetoon

Winning things would raise expectations and demand follow up type success, Ashley and co are all about lowering expectations and even destroying expectations full-stop.

My point was referring specifically to the people (and there are many) who claim every transfer window that we can't complain too much about the almost complete lack of ambition and spending because we owe Sewpa Mike a lot of money from when the dipshit didn't read the books properly. Well it's been made as clear as can be that he's not expecting that money back unless he sells the club - which he's not planning on doing. Well that's the proven lying bastard's current story anyway.

So not even that shite excuse exists any more. I don't expect it to disappear mind.

Not until that £18m clears up, no.

In fact, I wouldn't take a lot of convincing to believe that that's the actual reason behind him deferring the payment. :lol:

Reading this thread today made me sad but it basically just confirms what most of us knew really - that we'll get fucking nowhere with that cunt as our owner. The man has no ambition and is treating us with the utmost contempt. Fuck off.

Up the cup - or not....

Spot the difference:

Fabricio Coloccini (captain):

"We see what other teams have done and feel it could be us. We want to win something as players, of course we do. We are hungry to win something, so we have to focus on this cup.”

Alan Pardew (manager):

"I think our fans want to win something and I am very much aware of that. I want to win something too.”

John Irvine (director):

"The cup competitions are not a priority for the club."

Yes, but the patronage of those 'magnificent fans' who stump up for seats, shirts, pints, pumps and programmes remains a priority - and seemingly remains something that's taken for granted. The saps will just turn up.

The sad reality is that a cup run would place even greater strain on the various non-footballing departments of NUFC. Much easier to have no ambition - have you seen the price of silver polish these days?

From NUFC.com

Also it's made pretty clear that after the £18m is paid back to Ashley we're all square because the £111m he paid to clear debts after buying the club he doesn't want back unless he sells. So people can shut the f*** up about how lucky we are regarding that. :thup:

Seems pretty good to me. ???

Means that once we've paid back the £18m we'll be effectively debt free, and subsequently all monies generated will be the clubs to use.

:spit:

Maybe I should clarify. Can you not see you're being led down the garden path? They continuously change their story as they go along, with the only constant being they systematically notch down the level of ambition. We went from a club aiming for Europe and targeting the best young players around the world to set up a world class academy to a club happy to survive in the Premier League targeting local youngsters for its academy.

:thup:

Unfortunately their PR skills are pretty good.

Their not, you can see through the bull shit everytime.

They are fucking awful rank amateurs. 

The only man that speaks is the fucking manager and he comes out with howlers all the time.

How anyone doesn't nail him is beyond me.

Oh and I forgot about Uncal Joe  :lol: :lol: :lol:

They've been caught lying in a triburnal, which they admitted.

They are bullshiters.

Lots still seem to lap it up though, the masses still seem yet to turn fully.

Its a massive scam, its been going on since they pitched up, they change the goal posts all the time.

I mean how much more, js about every nufc related fan forum can see through it, fan pages and fanzines can see through it - NUFC.Com, The Mag, True-Faith.

The media should be nailing these peices of shit left right and centre, they contridict themselves all the time.

Pardew THE SPOKESMAN of the club gets away with murder with his waffle.

Winning things would raise expectations and demand follow up type success, Ashley and co are all about lowering expectations and even destroying expectations full-stop.

Fluking the way to a cup win would placate the supporters more than anything else, imo. At the end of things, all anyone wants is glory to accompany the stability, and this would provide some of that.

We always go out in the early rounds because we never take it seriously enough, and by that I mean a combination of the general outlook around the club and that we seemingly don't play a side strong enough to "guarantee" getting through the tie.  There's a difference between shuffling your squad but still progressing through the tie your fair share of times and treating cups as an afterthought and an inconvenience to the degree that you usually go out at the first hurdle.  I was at Stevenage and Brighton the second time and our performance on each occasion was a f***ing disgrace.

The main difference being squad depth. Chelsea last night changed nearly the entire team and gave a debut to forth year old man, yet walked through.

Am I missing something?

Swansea made 7 changes from the league team in their first League cup game last year...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19340378

How is this such a let down?

I haven't seen the exact wording.  Have the club said we'll play a team of kids from start to end?

Gubbed Valencia in that cup we want nothing to do with too.

The same cup

Is this the same competition in which we easily qualified from the first round, beat Anzhi, and provided a stern challenge to Benfica despite our troubles in the league?

Our approach to the cups is identical to every other team in the league.

1) Why are you comparing us to Chelsea?  I'm not.

2) No it isn't, it might look the same but I'm certain that many teams around "our level" go further than the first/second stage in the cups every single year.

I make the comparison because it is relevant. We have a squad that is not particularly deep and and youth system consisting of players who are either on loan or not good enough. Clubs such as Chelsea and even the likes of Swansea change their squads for these tournaments at a significantly higher rate than we do, yet go further every year.

If you actually go and take a firm look at our exits from these tournaments under Ashley the reason is not generally the weakness of the team. I would pinpoint only the loss to Brighton and the league cup exit during our season in the Championship as extremely weak sides, and both were understandable given circumstances (Increased games/weaker squad in CCC and desperate league form coupled with obligation in a competition in which we had progressed much further). NUFC generally do not play youth players under Ashley unless pressed into doing so by aforementioned thin squads. It is generally a mixture of first team players and bench players. Our exits have generally been the result of poor performances and bad luck. The Stevenage match you mention included the likes of Coloccini, Tiote, Barton, Nolan, and Routledge along with only two "youth players" including Ranger who was heavily involved with the first team anyway. The draws have also been unfortunate, having bowed out to Arsenal three times and Manchester United once at very early stages.

Doesn't every Premiership club prioritise the League over the cups?

unless its Newcastle who blatantly admit it in a public domain and for me that is inexcusable and frankly a kick in the teeth to all paying fans ,boycotting is the only way to show him we will not tolerate it anymore .

How is calling finishing top 8 a "reasonable target" lacking ambition?? It's being realistic about where we are as a club and squad under Ashley.

Pardew got the piss ripped out of him and criticised by fans this time last year when he said we should be challenging for a Champions League place and that "we're above the level of teams like Everton" or something along those lines.

The hypocrisy at times in this place....

Did I miss something? As far as I know we are targeting a top 10 position this season. So our sole aim seems to be to stay out of the bottom half of the table. This from a club that is one of the best supported in Europe.

Can you actually imagine what it'd be like to win a trophy  :lol: for real?

No matter, where or when, I'd have to be there, no amount of money could prevent me, I'd bear any hardship, I'd fucking walk to Wembley from here if I had too  :)

Seriously, can you imagine the emotion of it all?

What a thought eh

If this is such a serious cup, why did one of the best managers I've ever seen field a team of players I had hardly seen (bar football manager), scraped through on pens and once again a top team bumbles their way through.

21 Fabianski

04 Mertesacker

05 Vermaelen

17 Monreal

25 Jenkinson

08 Arteta

31 Miyaichi

44 Gnabry

45 Isaac Hayden

23 Bendtner

42 Eisfeld

"a team of players I had hardly seen"

Can you actually imagine what it'd be like to win a trophy  :lol: for real?

No matter, where or when, I'd have to be there, no amount of money could prevent me, I'd bear any hardship, I'd f***ing walk to Wembley from here if I had too  :)

Seriously, can you imagine the emotion of it all?

What a thought eh

I don't even know how i'd react.... probably getting drunk would be a start.

Ok so I exaggerated my call. Try and back it up then that the team fielded is one of a manger who believes this cup is serious. It's an awful side considering it's away to a PL team. If Pardew fielded a similar side away to this calibre of opponent he would be slaughtered. Personally I like the way Wenger has progressed with as few first teamers as possible. Pardew has shone himself in similar light. Good performance all around.

Ok so I exaggerated my call. Try and back it up then that the team fielded is one of a manger who believes this cup is serious. It's an awful side considering it's away to a PL team. If Pardew fielded a similar side away to this calibre of opponent he would be slaughtered. Personally I like the way Wenger has progressed with as few first teamers as possible. Pardew has shone himself in similar light. Good performance all around.

If we're ever in the Champions League and also in the title race, I'd forgive our manager for fielding a team strong enough to beat a near full strength fellow PL team.

I really hope we never sink that low.