Everton vs Newcastle United - 30/09/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

TRC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On paper, both teams can do damage to the other. They'll worry about HBA, Remy and probably Cisse as well despite his poor run. We'll worry about Lukaku, Miralis and Baines' free kicks. The difference will come down to the managers for me. Martinez will be bullish and Pardew will be lambish. Pards can't usually adapt to the changes made by the smarter managers, but I'm not sure Martinez is as good at stopping other teams as he is attacking them. Might work in our favour with us having good counter attacking players.

Still going for a 2-1 defeat though.

Not forgetting fucking Thomas fucking Gravesen's horrendous tackle on Bernard...

And let's not forget Nolan completely knacking Anichebe.

Fun game, this.

:)

It will never end.  Nit picking.

I personally like Everton.  Think you guys are a well ran club given resources and have a chairman who actually cares.

We'll lose tonight, 100%, by what margin depends on if the players can be arsed and Pardews tactics.

Everton are well down the list of awful PL teams like. Got a fair few affable players, they're inventive in the transfer market with limited rescources and they've a good history too. Like the traditional nature of Goodison n all the time I went I was lucky to have a "decent" view.

Don't think Cabaye particularly enamoured Everton fans.

f*** 'em. I've had to endure David Weir, Tony Hibbert, Kevin Campbell, Peter Reid etc etc etc. Time we got some payback.

U

Apart from Peter Reid you seem to have picked out a collection of the most innocuous Everton players of recent times :lol: Any particular reason to dislike them?

Someone like Cahill or Fellaini I could understand.

Around the turn of century Campbell had a knack of scoring against us. Reason enough to go on the hit list

With Coleman and Baines getting forward quite a bit, we'll need to hit them hard on the counter.

This is my point. You've got the players to do exactly that. I'm expecting an open game and I think that might help you.

Don't get me wrong, we're favourites to win, but to call this a 'home banker' is an exaggeration of our standing and massive understatement of the quality in your team. We have the potential to score 4 or 5. We also have the potential to look like we won't score in a month of Sundays.

We've just lost at home to Hull man, nailed on Home Win this one,

We also beat Villa away the week before.... who beat City this weekend.

I also guarantee if we played Everton away last weekend instead of Hull the mood going into it would be a lot more positive than it is at the moment.

Fickle lot we are and besides as Neil is implying and a lot of others Everton play a more open game than Hull which will suit us in theory.

Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Remy and Sissoko will all get more space, of course on the flip side Everton can really hurt us as well but we have the tools to hurt them as well.

In no way is it a home banker and besides we drew 2-2 with this lot last season....

Everton are well down the list of awful PL teams like. Got a fair few affable players, they're inventive in the transfer market with limited rescources and they've a good history too. Like the traditional nature of Goodison n all the time I went I was lucky to have a "decent" view.

:thup: not to sound like Souness but they are a 'proper' club.

:thup: not to sound like Souness but they are a 'proper' club.

Agree.

Guest bimpy474

Not forgetting fucking Thomas fucking Gravesen's horrendous tackle on Bernard...

And let's not forget Nolan completely knacking Anichebe.

Fun game, this.

I would like to point out that Nolan was sent off and Gravesen tackle wasn't even deemed a foul. Typical scouse decision :lol:.

Don't think Cabaye particularly enamoured Everton fans.

f*** 'em. I've had to endure David Weir, Tony Hibbert, Kevin Campbell, Peter Reid etc etc etc. Time we got some payback.

U

Apart from Peter Reid you seem to have picked out a collection of the most innocuous Everton players of recent times :lol: Any particular reason to dislike them?

Someone like Cahill or Fellaini I could understand.

Around the turn of century Campbell had a knack of scoring against us. Reason enough to go on the hit list

I didn't realise he had a knack of scoring against anyone.

never really had a problem with Everton as a club/ fans. really quite liked them in there 80s hayday - such a breath of fresh air from the Liverpool dominance. That said- hopefully we will fuck them up tonight. I know where my Loyalties are. Take note Americans.